CSN Login
Members Online: 4

You are here

Great news!

CSN is getting an upgrade. All of your posts will still be here, but the website will have a new look, new features and be mobile-friendly. To prepare for the changes, the site will be down briefly at the end November. We’ll continue to provide updates as we get closer.    

brain scan

kelli1843's picture
Posts: 72
Joined: Jan 2010

Well, was taken to ER twice in last 2 weeks for shortness of breath, dizziness. Found to have pneumonia, plus magnesium and potassium were real low. Had heart palpatations. So, admitted me for 3 diff antibiotics and mag and potassium, and heart monitor for 3 days. Did cat scan, 2 chest x-rays and brain scan.

Discharged yesterday and told today that the lung mass has progressed since I started the new Topo chemo in August. Brain scan shows 6 mets in brain. There were zero in July scan.

Onco office gave me options today: stop the chemo, start with hospice...outlook of 1 month.

2nd op: Start new brain radition next week, have fluid around heart needled out, do 10 rad sessions and do short chemo after that. outlook of 3-6 months.

I have to let doc know by tomorrow morning. She gave me pill for anti-brain swelling and called a script in for me, as I showed signs of dizziness. She also made me leave my car and taxi home.

I have to tell my boyfriend when he gets home (we live together for last 7 years). I have to tell my older sister and 2 nieces who live out of state.

I've been thru soooooo much since diagnosed in dec 2009. At this point now, I think I will forgo the treatments and make myself realize that the 1 month expectancy is real.

Radioactive34's picture
Posts: 390
Joined: May 2011

Hugs, and when you tell your family I will be with you in spirit. I, usually on the ovarian board, but I check other boards every so often.

Please remember the month is the aproximate..you have your own time line. Hugssss

catcon49's picture
Posts: 398
Joined: Aug 2008

It's your decision to make. I for one would fight till the end, but that is just me. I would be hoping for a miracle or some other med that would help. I admire that you can make such a decision. Good luck and I will remember you in my prayers

Glenna M's picture
Glenna M
Posts: 1576
Joined: May 2009

You are an amazingly strong woman to have been able to make that decision. I know, personally, that I would be taking the treatment and praying for more time. But that's just me, I'm not ready to give up yet.

My best to you, your family and your boyfriend. Please know that you will all be in my prayers.

Stay strong,

kelli1843's picture
Posts: 72
Joined: Jan 2010

For some reason, she wants to remove the fluid around heart. The thought of a needle or tubing being stuck into me, scares me the most. I had to have 2 lung biopsies done originally that I freaked out so bad, they had to stop the first one and do a different type later.

If it wasn't for that, I'd go ahead and do the second option of brain rad and different chemo.

trspaw's picture
Posts: 73
Joined: Jun 2011

Praying for peace and courage for you, none of us realize how difficult the decisions become until we are forced to make them.


Subscribe to Comments for "brain scan"