Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

Mates you know... Its FRIDAY at least here! any interesting plan for the weekend? newbies invited to

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
edited April 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Raining ,raining,raining here , and the worst tomorrow ! I start my holidays .Arghhhhh !
Hugs and l cheer the newbies to post here !
«13

Comments

  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    Maglets see you are lurking so ...opera this weekend?
    Hugs !
  • marjans daughter
    marjans daughter Member Posts: 21
    pepebcn said:

    Maglets see you are lurking so ...opera this weekend?
    Hugs !

    Well it's not quite Friday
    Well it's not quite Friday yet here in Canada, but I am a newbie and feel most welcome .... Thank you!

    It has been a whirlwind 2 weeks since Mom had her colons copy and subsequent dx.
    Life has been far from normal.

    That being said I am very much looking forward to the Easter weekend, my brother, his wife and two sons are coming to visit Mom& i and stay with my family. I do have to work this weekend ( I work for an airline, shift work, sigh) but luckily they are short early morning shifts so I can still visit with my brother and family.

    happy Easter to those that celebrate, and Happy Spring to everyone!

    Miriam
  • Lifeisajourney
    Lifeisajourney Member Posts: 216
    Spanish soccer team
    Pepe, I might have dreamt this as I keep the tv on all nite, but I thought I aaw a news clip where they were having a night parade for Spanish soccer team and they were holding the trophy out front and one of the players dropped the trophy and the bus ran over it...does that sound familiar??j It was sadly funny........I was almost sure it was Spain...sound familiar??? Or maybe I dreamt it.....you are the only person I know from Spain so I thought I would ask....Pat
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331

    Spanish soccer team
    Pepe, I might have dreamt this as I keep the tv on all nite, but I thought I aaw a news clip where they were having a night parade for Spanish soccer team and they were holding the trophy out front and one of the players dropped the trophy and the bus ran over it...does that sound familiar??j It was sadly funny........I was almost sure it was Spain...sound familiar??? Or maybe I dreamt it.....you are the only person I know from Spain so I thought I would ask....Pat

    Hahahaha! yes and its fun for me as I'm I'm supporter of
    FC Barcelona! Madrid won the King's cup against us yesterday, first match they win to us this year and they crash the trophy under the wheel of the convertible bus! hahahahahaha! gang of donkeys !.
    Hugs Pat! hahahaha! how fun you have seen it!
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425
    pepebcn said:

    Hahahaha! yes and its fun for me as I'm I'm supporter of
    FC Barcelona! Madrid won the King's cup against us yesterday, first match they win to us this year and they crash the trophy under the wheel of the convertible bus! hahahahahaha! gang of donkeys !.
    Hugs Pat! hahahaha! how fun you have seen it!

    Going to see Beatle Mania at
    Going to see Beatle Mania at Casino with the family on the weekend....it's an imitation Beatles Group...should be interesting. Easter dinner too over the weekend, looking forward to the goodies from the easter bunny :)
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    smokeyjoe said:

    Going to see Beatle Mania at
    Going to see Beatle Mania at Casino with the family on the weekend....it's an imitation Beatles Group...should be interesting. Easter dinner too over the weekend, looking forward to the goodies from the easter bunny :)

    Good plan !
    Unfortunadely don have presents here just chocolate eggs and huge chocolate cakes with huge chocolate fun things on top!
    enjoy it smokey!.And I love Beatles!
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    VACATION
    Going down to my beach house in Florida for 16 days tomorrow.. I am counting the minutes!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    ktlcs said:

    VACATION
    Going down to my beach house in Florida for 16 days tomorrow.. I am counting the minutes!

    Great to see you in this thread after som weeks!
    Hop you enjoy your days in Florida ! by the way we got a new tennis star eh! what about jokovich? love him a very nice guy as nice as Rafa at least!.
    Hugs!
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    organizing my new deck
    Sitting outside. I am trying to take this weekend off.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    ketziah35 said:

    organizing my new deck
    Sitting outside. I am trying to take this weekend off.

    Don't you have Easter holidays Ketz?
    Rest a bit !
    Xxx!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625
    Easter
    Well, I just sold my last puppy of our litter of six & one more that we were holding for someone will be picked up tomorrow (Friday).
    My family will be going to the good Friday service at our church in the evening & then Easter Sunday, we will be at my sister in law's house for a meal and just getting together. I don't know yet what I'm doing on Saturday- maybe just resting!

    Lisa
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867
    It is sunny and warm here in
    It is sunny and warm here in Sun City Center, FL. We are having Easter dinner and then watching my 2 granddaughters for the week. Ages 7 & 11.Fun things in store,. movies, zoo, and Larry is getting the pool ready. I will need a vacation by the end of the week. I will need ear plugs during the week!!!
    Happy Easter &/or Happy Spring to all.
    Judy
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425
    lisa42 said:

    Easter
    Well, I just sold my last puppy of our litter of six & one more that we were holding for someone will be picked up tomorrow (Friday).
    My family will be going to the good Friday service at our church in the evening & then Easter Sunday, we will be at my sister in law's house for a meal and just getting together. I don't know yet what I'm doing on Saturday- maybe just resting!

    Lisa

    Awwwe...puppies, I couldn't
    Awwwe...puppies, I couldn't do it, I'd get too attached to each and every one of them and keep them all!!!! They all have their own little unique personality....
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    smokeyjoe said:

    Awwwe...puppies, I couldn't
    Awwwe...puppies, I couldn't do it, I'd get too attached to each and every one of them and keep them all!!!! They all have their own little unique personality....

    Lisa you sold all of them in a week?
    wow must be really nice, as per I understand they are not cheap isn't ?
    Congrats! Have a nice weekend forget about CEA , we will find the solution next week!.
    Take care of you and puppies!
    xxx
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    We are celebrating
    We are celebrating Easter with dinner on Saturday night with family + friends.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    jjaj133 said:

    It is sunny and warm here in
    It is sunny and warm here in Sun City Center, FL. We are having Easter dinner and then watching my 2 granddaughters for the week. Ages 7 & 11.Fun things in store,. movies, zoo, and Larry is getting the pool ready. I will need a vacation by the end of the week. I will need ear plugs during the week!!!
    Happy Easter &/or Happy Spring to all.
    Judy

    Nice plan Judy , nothing like children to make you keep away
    from froblems despite you need another week of rest in afterwards !.
    Hahaha! Happy Easter !
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    AnneCan said:

    We are celebrating
    We are celebrating Easter with dinner on Saturday night with family + friends.

    Hope not turkey in Easter isn't Anne?
    Hahahaha! I'm going to the beach but wheather digusting for the moment, I bought 3 books just in case!
    Happy holiday !
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    pepebcn said:

    Hope not turkey in Easter isn't Anne?
    Hahahaha! I'm going to the beach but wheather digusting for the moment, I bought 3 books just in case!
    Happy holiday !

    Turkey
    Turkey is sometimes served for Easter dinner, but we are having prime rib roast. You still need to come over + have a good North American turkey dinner.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331

    Well it's not quite Friday
    Well it's not quite Friday yet here in Canada, but I am a newbie and feel most welcome .... Thank you!

    It has been a whirlwind 2 weeks since Mom had her colons copy and subsequent dx.
    Life has been far from normal.

    That being said I am very much looking forward to the Easter weekend, my brother, his wife and two sons are coming to visit Mom& i and stay with my family. I do have to work this weekend ( I work for an airline, shift work, sigh) but luckily they are short early morning shifts so I can still visit with my brother and family.

    happy Easter to those that celebrate, and Happy Spring to everyone!

    Miriam

    It's near Friday here in Europe ! lol!
    Feel sorry you can't enjoy your family some more time ! ?
    Hope mom and you are more tranquil after joining the board! .
    Happy Easter Miriam & mom! ( i will try ,despite bad wheather in the sunny Barcelona ) LOL.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    AnneCan said:

    Turkey
    Turkey is sometimes served for Easter dinner, but we are having prime rib roast. You still need to come over + have a good North American turkey dinner.

    No way Anne I appreciate your invitation but your turkeys
    remind me to an ostrich ! we are used to much smaller stuff here they don't even fit in an European size freezer! not even in our cars trunk!
    How can an animal that size can be tender? Hahahahaha!
    Hugs Anne!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    pepebcn said:

    No way Anne I appreciate your invitation but your turkeys
    remind me to an ostrich ! we are used to much smaller stuff here they don't even fit in an European size freezer! not even in our cars trunk!
    How can an animal that size can be tender? Hahahahaha!
    Hugs Anne!

    Got the solution for the bad wheather This holidays !
    I booked an spa hotel with acceptable last minute rates! My wife deserves it I'm going to be boring but that's life!
    Hugs!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673
    pepebcn said:

    Got the solution for the bad wheather This holidays !
    I booked an spa hotel with acceptable last minute rates! My wife deserves it I'm going to be boring but that's life!
    Hugs!

    So.....
    If your wife deserves it does that mean you are just waiting in the car? Plus I am offended about our turkeys.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,709 **
    Easter
    Going to Stations of the Cross tomorrow, watching Passion of the Christ made by Mel Gibson (oh that movie makes me cry so hard and watch it every year at Easter time) and celebrating Easter with our kids and grandchildren at our daughter's house. Yup and the Easter bunny is coming too :) Love this Holy Day. This is why I'm so passionate about this day - makes me love life. Happy Easter everyone.

    Hugs! Kim
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502
    AnneCan said:

    So.....
    If your wife deserves it does that mean you are just waiting in the car? Plus I am offended about our turkeys.

    Some 0ld friends coming to
    Some 0ld friends coming to town so hitting the water for some fishing sat.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    AnneCan said:

    So.....
    If your wife deserves it does that mean you are just waiting in the car? Plus I am offended about our turkeys.

    First of all beg your pardon about your awesome turkeys but...
    you live in Canada so you must know about French taste, and I live 60 miles away from France ,even our language Catalan,is closer to the French than to the Spanish so we got similar tastes ! you know we like smaller things here ,even I recognize they can be disgusting somewhere in America
    You know petit escargots,petit lápin ,petit poulette, and petit sparrows ,despite we let it for the crazy French , they drown them in wine and it seems they are delicious! hahaha! Again beg the pardon to your turkeys I didn't want to offend them ,and less to got an international conflict for that! and less with one of my most appreciated mates in the board ! So I promise if I got the chance I will try an American ostrich some time! ...ohh sorry mean turkey! .
    Hahaha!.
    Not in the car yet I'm going to be disconnected in the morning and then to the Spa!.
    Love you Anne!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331

    Easter
    Going to Stations of the Cross tomorrow, watching Passion of the Christ made by Mel Gibson (oh that movie makes me cry so hard and watch it every year at Easter time) and celebrating Easter with our kids and grandchildren at our daughter's house. Yup and the Easter bunny is coming too :) Love this Holy Day. This is why I'm so passionate about this day - makes me love life. Happy Easter everyone.

    Hugs! Kim

    Kim great to see you here ,can you believe it I was thinking in
    you rigth now as I was tailking about turkeys with Anne! hahaha!.
    Nice way to celebrate This holidays children are a happiness every were !
    Have a nice Easter ,enjoy the kids!.
    Went the stations last Friday but can't tomorrow , are you catholic?.
    Hugs!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,036
    Not really sure. Bill's
    Not really sure. Bill's taking me to dinner tomorrow night. On Sunday we have an Easter Sunrise service, and I'm singing "In the Garden." Hope I can hit the high notes at 7 am outdoors. We'll see!

    I would love to say that I know I'm seeing the grandchildren for Easter, but I don't know what's going on there for sure. At the moment my daughter is a tiny bit of a disappointment to me, so we'll see.

    *hugs*
    Gail
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    Kenny H. said:

    Some 0ld friends coming to
    Some 0ld friends coming to town so hitting the water for some fishing sat.

    Well kenny but how was the tournament last week? haha!
    must explain about! LOL.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    tootsie1 said:

    Not really sure. Bill's
    Not really sure. Bill's taking me to dinner tomorrow night. On Sunday we have an Easter Sunrise service, and I'm singing "In the Garden." Hope I can hit the high notes at 7 am outdoors. We'll see!

    I would love to say that I know I'm seeing the grandchildren for Easter, but I don't know what's going on there for sure. At the moment my daughter is a tiny bit of a disappointment to me, so we'll see.

    *hugs*
    Gail

    I'm sure you will get the notes despite I agree is a bit early
    for singing , hope you can enjoy your kids ,anyway don't get enjoyed with your daughter ,there is nothing than a joined family!
    Have a great day!
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331
    pepebcn said:

    I'm sure you will get the notes despite I agree is a bit early
    for singing , hope you can enjoy your kids ,anyway don't get enjoyed with your daughter ,there is nothing than a joined family!
    Have a great day!

    My god it's nearly five in the mooring here!
    Zzzzzzzzz!