Tonsil Cancer 2 Year Check Up....NED

Options

Just wanted to give some encouraging news to those currently fighting tonsil cancer.  I just had my 2 year post treatment checkup (scope of throat and CT scan).  NED!!

It's hard to believe that it has been 2 years since I was in treatments.  I was just finishing up right before Christmans 2 years ago.  It was really hard, at the time, to believe that my life would ever be back to normal.  I am pretty much all back to normal now.  Taste buds a still a little off but I still enjoy everything that I eat.  It took awhile to get here but life is pretty much normal again.  I am happy and feeling good. 

If you are in treatments now, please take things a day at a time.  Try to fight through each roadblock and eventually you will finish the treatments.  I hope for a positive outcome for all of you.

Comments

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Yeaaaah Joanie!!!

Another NED under your belt.  We're pretty much on the same schedule, I'm just a little ahead of you in "time served" past treatment.  This 2 year mark is a BIG milestone....it pushes you way down the recurrance list.  I certainly breathed a sigh of relief at my 2 year mark.

Hugs and a dance being sent to you.

p

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    NED all the time

Joanielo,

NEDelicious! Congratulations on the 2-year mark, now let’s eat.  Maybe some NEDinner or NEDessert or just a toast with a NEDrink.

Matt

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Isn't that such a great sound to hear NED

Isn't that such a great sound to hear ..... NED. Just never get tired of hearing that and the Joy it means.

Bill

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    great

Cheers always on NED reports. Thanks for reporting in!

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Great News

Two years is just a start of many more. Don't be surprised that things will still get better. They told me that whatever I didn't gety back in a year I would most likey never come back. WRONG, I was still recooping 3 years down the road. Especially my taste for some foods like sausage, I ate it before cancer but it took 3 years afterwards to regain my taste for it.

Time go by so quickly and now we live the abi-normal life. (quoting John again)

Jeff

• cureitall66
    cureitall66 Member Posts: 913
    Options
    Congrats...

Congrats to you! My loved one reached his 2 yr NED mark last month also!

And you're right, it does get better with time....Laughing

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Joan, congrats on 2 years!! 

Joan, congrats on 2 years!!  i'm doing a happy dance in your honor!

God bless you,

dj

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Two Years

Congratulations! Any NED is a cause to rejoice!