Gearing up to do Battle with the Beast...you know, "We do what we have to do, so we can do what we w

Options
chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited October 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
Well sisters, my latest liver scan shows the liver cancer has indeed spread..not a whole lot, and nothing to lose my mind about. Which is good, as I have amost no brains left by this point. LOL My pain seems to be caused by the fact that the liver mets is pushing on myriad nerve endings. Course of action? (sigh) chemo~ in about 10 days. I qualify for a clinical trial, and have 22 pages of "what-ifs and who knows" to read and sign by Monday. My Dr has had good results with this trial, and he is so confidant and upbeat that he made me wish that I could have chemo today. (ok, Chen, quit lying!) Reggie and I are a little freaked out, but we knew this was eventually going to be in our future. So, The Plan is for either 4 or 6 cycles of chemo to kill the beast and then I can go back on hormone blockers. That's it in a nutshell...

Hoping that all of the Kindreds have as great a medical team as I do, and that you also feel the love and support from all of the felllow Kindreds~ it is such an integral part of our treatment!

Hugs,
Chen♥

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    "what-ifs and who knows"
    Don't let those "what-ifs and who knows" drive ya nutso either. If you think about it we all seem to have those ("what-ifs and who knows") but often are in denial about them until something goes haywire. A plan of action is always a good thing because it gives you a sense of releif that at least you are doing something to solve the problem.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I laughed
    when I read this! Of course not because of your diagnosis, but because of your humor. I KNOW you wanted to start chemo today!!!!! So, this is your new onc? Looks like he has a good plan. I hope the trial med(s) becomes a medical breakthrough. When you have some spare time, please fill us in on the details.

Certainly you're right about the Kindreds here! We may be hundreds of miles apart, in all areas of our country, and even beyond - but you can feel the love and support through this cyber space! It's an awesome thing.

Sending you best wishes and hopes that this chemo will be both very affective and very tolerable! Remember your motto, it's what I live by! (most of the time) AND...keep smiling!
    Marsha
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

xoxoxoxoxoxo
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

xoxoxoxoxoxo

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Sounds like
    you have a great medical team - thank goodness! Keeping you in all my thoughts and sending positive energy and lots of love your way!
    -Jenny
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options
    thinking about you
    It sounds like you have a great medical team!! I am keeping you, Reggie and your family in
    my thoughts and prayers. This clinical trial may be a breakthrough!!! with the
    confidence your doctor has in it. Keep your strength and spirit and know that we are here with you.
    Carol
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about your
    I am so sorry about your news, but amazed at your courage and humor. Please pm me if I can help in any way. Prayers and (((hugs))) for you. Now march forward and fight in just the way that I know you can!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

I am so sorry about your
    I am so sorry about your news, but amazed at your courage and humor. Please pm me if I can help in any way. Prayers and (((hugs))) for you. Now march forward and fight in just the way that I know you can!

I see that you're getting your 'Grrrrr' on . . . . .
    Clinical trial with positive results -- now that sounds like a plan. Sorry that you have to endure chemo, again -- my heart goes out to you. However, a wise women once told me .. 'We do what we have to, so we can then do -- what we want to'.

Prayers, positive thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery during this new phase of treatment.

Strength, Courage and Hope for a CURE.

Vicki Sam
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Options
    Wishing and Hoping For You
    Dear Chen,

Sorry about the progression and the nerve pain. The fact your oncologist is very confident about this new trial is worth the ok. Wishing you excellent results. Positive energy sent your way.

Best,

Doris
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    SIROD said:

Wishing and Hoping For You
    Dear Chen,

Sorry about the progression and the nerve pain. The fact your oncologist is very confident about this new trial is worth the ok. Wishing you excellent results. Positive energy sent your way.

Best,

Doris

Sounds like you're with the right onc
    Sorry you have to go through this but glad you found a good clinical trial.

Sending prayers and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and Reggie, and the medical team too.
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Sounds like you're with the right onc
    Sorry you have to go through this but glad you found a good clinical trial.

Sending prayers and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you and Reggie, and the medical team too.

Just wanted you to know I
    Just wanted you to know I have you and your family in my prayers

Take Care & God Bless
    Eva
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    epark said:

Just wanted you to know I
    Just wanted you to know I have you and your family in my prayers

Take Care & God Bless
    Eva

With you...
    All the way and sending prayers your way....may I ask what the clinical trial drug is and what phase it is in? I know about signing all the papers ...page after page....and the nerve pain....

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ..keep us posted...you know we care, deeply...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Always liked your attitude.
    Hi Chen - You've always inspired me. I want to be present for you and pray for a fast recovery. I'm not sure my team is as pro-active as yours, but you have a pretty good team of Doctors. Thank God for that. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Sending you hugs and positive energy.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Always liked your attitude.
    Hi Chen - You've always inspired me. I want to be present for you and pray for a fast recovery. I'm not sure my team is as pro-active as yours, but you have a pretty good team of Doctors. Thank God for that. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Sending you hugs and positive energy.

Positivity and attitude are everything--and
    you've got both. Along with all our prayers, positive energy, great friends and a wonderful husband to lean on when you need to. Claudia, we're all in this fight with you. You are a dear, sweet human being and it sounds like your medical team is right up there with the best of them.

My prayers and strongest positive energy are being sent to you--for things to turn around in a very positive way as soon as that chemo begins. I have very good feelings about this new treatment for you.

Please post when you can--we are all with you in spirit.

Hugs, Renee
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Positivity and attitude are everything--and
    you've got both. Along with all our prayers, positive energy, great friends and a wonderful husband to lean on when you need to. Claudia, we're all in this fight with you. You are a dear, sweet human being and it sounds like your medical team is right up there with the best of them.

My prayers and strongest positive energy are being sent to you--for things to turn around in a very positive way as soon as that chemo begins. I have very good feelings about this new treatment for you.

Please post when you can--we are all with you in spirit.

Hugs, Renee

Sending
    positive thoughts, positive energy, lots of hugs, oh, heck, sending you everything including the kitchen sink (it's scrubbed and squeaky clean).

I guess get started so you can get done.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Sending
    positive thoughts, positive energy, lots of hugs, oh, heck, sending you everything including the kitchen sink (it's scrubbed and squeaky clean).

I guess get started so you can get done.

xoxo
    Victoria

Dear Chen/Claudia-
    Dang! That's not all I have to say, but I don't want to offend anyone.

So I'll keep my big mouth shut and quietly send lots of prayers and mojo instead.

Love,
    Suzanne
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Chen sending you the best I
    Chen sending you the best I have... your motto is just perfect, your sense of humor priceless. With you on this journey.

Hugs and Prayers,
    Carol
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    Options
    camul said:

Chen sending you the best I
    Chen sending you the best I have... your motto is just perfect, your sense of humor priceless. With you on this journey.

Hugs and Prayers,
    Carol

Chen - so sorry you have to
    Chen - so sorry you have to do this again. Hoping this new drug will
    work rapidly and completely and your pain will be history soon. I am
    sending positive thoughts and prayers for you. God bless.

Luv & hugs, Teresa
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    gami43 said:

Chen - so sorry you have to
    Chen - so sorry you have to do this again. Hoping this new drug will
    work rapidly and completely and your pain will be history soon. I am
    sending positive thoughts and prayers for you. God bless.

Luv & hugs, Teresa

Thinking of you
    and sending prayers to you and Reggie. Sorry about the progression, but your team sounds encouraging and that's important.
    All my best,
    Wanda
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    [[[chen]]]
    such an inspiration and a fighter and poet and friend to all of us here.

prayers for you, dear chen!

love, hugs & prayers! xoxo
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    I'm sure those very long legs of yours
    will keep you ahead of the beast. I am so happy that you are confident with your onc. Thank you for your humor and caring for us while you prepare to do battle.

Reggie is wonderful, but then, so are you!

Sue