A package was outside my garage door when I returned home today!

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Janelle it's amazing how little we think we know about someone and yet many like me have received ornaments that we will treasure. I too collect ornaments and have been doing so for many years. I also have homemade crosstitch ones. I've been given items from the Chicago Art Institute too. So, thank you so much for the Santa stitched ornament and the Madonna ornament. We are going to cut down our tree tomorrow and as soon as it's up and decorated I'll take a pic and post. Also, thank you so much for the handmade soaps. They smell divine. I love going to craft fairs and like buying homemade soaps, etc. The lovely note you enclosed helped me get to know you a bit more too and it sounds like we have a lot in common.

I felt like a kid today and it put a smile on my face :-) I needed it because I spent the afternoon discussing rads with oncology radiologist.....
{{hugs}} Char

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    How nice that your day ended
    How nice that your day ended with something so pleasant as a box full of caring. All the stuff sounds so great.
    Stef
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    What fun this has been! And
    What fun this has been! And don't you just love handmade soaps?
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I can FINALLY exhale! LOL
    I can FINALLY exhale! LOL YOu have been the most child-like ( and I mean that in the best, sweetest way!) of any of us! Anxious, hoping, awaiting~ exhibiting the feeling and sense of beautiful, childlike wonder!
    I am so, so happy that your ornament finally arrived! And from your description, it sounded well worth the wait! HOORAY!!!

Ho Ho Ho and Holiday Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    I am so glad the package arrived today
    Char,

I am so glad the package arrived today to put that smile on your face after your meeting with the oncology radiologist. Even though I sent it UPS, I was worried that there could have been a slim chance the delivery would have been made on Monday, instead of today.

As stated in my letter, the Madonna ornament shouted your name and I wanted you to have a part of me, which is why I gave you the Santa ornament.

The soaps were to make you feel super special.

I am sometimes late with a gift because I have not found the perfect one for the individual. Some of my friends have waited 4 months for a birthday gift, but the wait has always proven well worth it. I am always on time for Christmas gifts.

I find it amazing to learn that we both collect ornaments, and even more amazing that you have some from the Art Institute of Chicago and some that are homemade crossstitch.

Here's to a new year of good health and new friendship.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Aww Char,
    Glad you received your ornaments. They sound beautiful. Have fun cutting down your Christmas tree. Have a great weekend! Hugs, Jean
  • cahjah75
    chenheart said:

I can FINALLY exhale! LOL
    I can FINALLY exhale! LOL YOu have been the most child-like ( and I mean that in the best, sweetest way!) of any of us! Anxious, hoping, awaiting~ exhibiting the feeling and sense of beautiful, childlike wonder!
    I am so, so happy that your ornament finally arrived! And from your description, it sounded well worth the wait! HOORAY!!!

Ho Ho Ho and Holiday Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen
    it was definitely worth the wait! I think this year since my mom was sick in April and I found out I had bc in May and my sister had a recurrence, my 6th grandchild was born and then my dad died - I needed something to be happy about - what better than a kid at Christmas!
    You are the best for organizing the exchange and we are blessed by the love and caring each has shown.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • cahjah75
    I sent my husband
    to the farm for the tree as my legs were achy and rubbery after Neulasta shot while I visited with my sister on her bday. He cut down the tree and when I got home he had all these ornaments on the table - from our vacation to Hawaii and Canada in April. This year has been so crazy you forget about what you have. So I'm decorating my tree with my new pink sister ornaments and the ones I've collected from vacations. At my sister's we were reminiscing about who gave her what ornament and when. Now every year I can say these ornaments are from my pink warrior sister Janelle.....
    {{hugs}} Char