Skipper 85 - Update

skipper85
skipper85 Member Posts: 229
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello Everyone:

I'm sorry I haven't been in touch for a while. So many things are going on here.
First of all thank you for all your prayers and posts. They are more comforting than you can imagine. Please know that I pray for all the pink ladies every night. My sister was moved to hospice on Saturday. They are slowly increasing her morphine and she is moving toward an eternal life. She is surrounded by her family that loves her and the morphine seems to be taking care of any pain.

With all my sister's trouble this may sound a little selfish. I need some reassurance from you guys. I went today for my annual checkup. The doctor said she thought that maybe one of my nipples was starting to turn inward and she thought she might have felt some thickening. She made me do some other poses to see at other angles and it looked okay. She's going to send me for a diagnostic mammogram. Please tell me she's just being extra cautious because of my sister. I will have to be taking care of my husband soon as I think his throat cancer is back and he has decided to put off surgery for his lung cancer. I can't be sick right now.

Thanks,
Skipper

Comments

• mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Our thoughts and prayers
    Our thoughts and prayers continue for you and all of your family. It's good to know the pain meds are working for your sister and that she's surrounded by friends and family, whether in person or emotionally.
    Your doctor is being cautious and that's a good thing. And of course right now you're hypervigilant and hypersensitive to all that is going on.
    Please keep us posted, whenever you can and know that you are all in our prayers.

marge
  • cookie97
    cookie97 Member Posts: 200
    Holy Cow!!!
    I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Sisters definitley have a special bond. I'm glad to see that you are all at some peace with her situation. However so sorry to hear about your dear husband, and now the whammy from your doc's. If anybody deserves a hug today it sure is you! Please give me the honor of being the first (((((((hugs and prayers)))))!!!

God Bless you and yours in your special time of need.

Peace and Love,
    Edie
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Skipper I will
    keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope you get good news re nipple and that it's nothing to worry about. You are dealing with so much right now.
    {[hugs}} Char
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Skipper I will
    keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope you get good news re nipple and that it's nothing to worry about. You are dealing with so much right now.
    {[hugs}} Char

So glad to hear from you
    So glad to hear from you skipper. I think of you so often. I'm glad your sister is comfortable now and Hospice is a great thing, I worked for them for a while and my Dad had them in his last days.
    In my opinion, your Doc is being extra cautious but aren't you glad they're being diligent? I pray everything works out ok for you.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

So glad to hear from you
    So glad to hear from you skipper. I think of you so often. I'm glad your sister is comfortable now and Hospice is a great thing, I worked for them for a while and my Dad had them in his last days.
    In my opinion, your Doc is being extra cautious but aren't you glad they're being diligent? I pray everything works out ok for you.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Stilll sending you prayers Skipper!
    Skipper, I have kept you, your sister and your family in my prayers ever since I read your original post.

I think what the others wrote, that your doctor is just being a good doctor and that is why he is sending you for a diagnostic mammo. I know it is scary, but, try to relax and know that your doctor is taking very, very good care of you.

Sue :)
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Ritzy said:

Stilll sending you prayers Skipper!
    Skipper, I have kept you, your sister and your family in my prayers ever since I read your original post.

I think what the others wrote, that your doctor is just being a good doctor and that is why he is sending you for a diagnostic mammo. I know it is scary, but, try to relax and know that your doctor is taking very, very good care of you.

Sending good thoughts
    your way. You certainly have a lot on your plate.

Take care of yourself, too.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Prayers being said
    for you, your Sister and all your family.

Sylvia
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Skipper, you poor girl. I
    Skipper, you poor girl. I wish I could reach out and hug you tight. You and your family are certainly in my prayers and thoughts. God will take your sister home when the time is right. Your Dr, is being diligent and should be. I'm sure it will be fine. Take care sweet heart. We are all with you all the time. Take care of your self sister. Kay,
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Skipper, you poor girl. I
    Skipper, you poor girl. I wish I could reach out and hug you tight. You and your family are certainly in my prayers and thoughts. God will take your sister home when the time is right. Your Dr, is being diligent and should be. I'm sure it will be fine. Take care sweet heart. We are all with you all the time. Take care of your self sister. Kay,

Praying for you and your
    Praying for you and your sister!

Hugs, Angie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Skipper I will
    {[hugs}} Char

Praying that it will be
    Praying that it will be something easily taken care of Skipper or nothing at all.

Praying for your family.

Hugs, Jan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Angie2U said:

Praying for you and your
    Praying for you and your sister!

Hugs, Angie

Hugs, prayers and good
    Hugs, prayers and good thoughts are beaming your way.
    Stef
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Skpper85
    What are you doing?? Please,please... I let you post anything you want = )

But don't you dare to come back with bad news.

Sending you my love,

Ayse
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Will Be Praying for You Skipper
    You're under a tremendous amount of stress right know. Just be sure to take some time to take care of yourself! Rest, eat healthy and take some time to just relaxe and do something that brings your soul joy!!

I'm so sorry about your sister and husband's situations. My father is fighting esophageal cancer at the moment. SO, I have a little understanding of how hard it is for you right now. LIfe gets really, really hard sometimes!

I'll be praying for you and your family.

Blessings,
    Sally
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Hi Skipper, my prayers are
    Hi Skipper, my prayers are with you and your family! Lets hope the doc is just being extra cautious and if it should turn out to be bad lets pray it's caught early. Your sister sounds in good hands and comfortable with the morphine. My Mom was in hospice and on morphine until she left us to be with her Maker (lung cancer), she seemed at peace. I pray things are ok with your husband and that God gives you all the strength needed to get through all of this!!!
    God Bless and Big Hugs
    Kari
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    aysemari said:

Skpper85
    What are you doing?? Please,please... I let you post anything you want = )

But don't you dare to come back with bad news.

Sending you my love,

Ayse

I am so sorry Skipper for
    I am so sorry Skipper for all that has been thrown on your plate. I pray that your sister will be comfortable and it is so wonderful that she is surrounded by her family and all of that love.

I pray that your tests will come back with good news and that you know how much all of your sisters here love you and are praying for you.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Our thoughts and prayers
    Our thoughts and prayers continue for you and all of your family. It's good to know the pain meds are working for your sister and that she's surrounded by friends and family, whether in person or emotionally.
    Your doctor is being cautious and that's a good thing. And of course right now you're hypervigilant and hypersensitive to all that is going on.
    Please keep us posted, whenever you can and know that you are all in our prayers.

marge

I'm glad your sister is
    I'm glad your sister is surrounded with the love of all of you. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Hugs, Megan
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Hi Skipper, my prayers are
    Hi Skipper, my prayers are with you and your family! Lets hope the doc is just being extra cautious and if it should turn out to be bad lets pray it's caught early. Your sister sounds in good hands and comfortable with the morphine. My Mom was in hospice and on morphine until she left us to be with her Maker (lung cancer), she seemed at peace. I pray things are ok with your husband and that God gives you all the strength needed to get through all of this!!!
    God Bless and Big Hugs
    Kari

Sending prayers and big hugs
    Sending prayers and big hugs to you and your family.

God Bless You,

Diane
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    DianeBC said:

Sending prayers and big hugs
    Sending prayers and big hugs to you and your family.

God Bless You,

Diane

Also sending prayers for you
    Also sending prayers for you and your family. I can't imagine how difficult this is. Just remember, your sisters in pink are here to lean on.