My sister-in-laws Breast cancer is back after 15 years

2»

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

So sorry to hear about your
    So sorry to hear about your SIL. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Be Well,
    Dianne

Very sorry. Hugs and
    Very sorry. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member

Would you mind
    If I sent her a copy of your words in her email?
    Thank you for responding!!
    Winter Marie

Sorry I didn't see your post
    Sorry I didn't see your post until today--I've been working. Please copy anything! My prayers are with you all.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Hi, I was first diagnosed
    Hi, I was first diagnosed with bc in 2002, and was diagnosed 8 1/2 years later with extensive mets to the bones and skin. Sept 2010. I am now on Zometa every 21 days, tamoxifen, and chemo. I had radiation Oct/Nov to my hips and pelvic and am doing much better than the beginning prognosis. The mets are in most all of my bones with the exception of a few of the vertebrae. I can tell you that I am still mobile, driving, doing most everything I have always done, only a little slower some days! And I am not planning on going anywhere soon :)))

I have my 9th chemo on Wednesday and then will have a pet scan and mri the first week of April. If the chemo is not working, then we will try another chemo. Remember, doctors go by statistics but I am not a statistic and my will to live is strong!!!

My prayers go out to your family and your sil. Just never give up.
    Carol
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    camul said:

Hi, I was first diagnosed with bc in 2002, and was diagnosed 8 1/2 years later with extensive mets to the bones and skin. Sept 2010. I am now on Zometa every 21 days, tamoxifen, and chemo. I had radiation Oct/Nov to my hips and pelvic and am doing much better than the beginning prognosis. The mets are in most all of my bones with the exception of a few of the vertebrae. I can tell you that I am still mobile, driving, doing most everything I have always done, only a little slower some days! And I am not planning on going anywhere soon :)))

I have my 9th chemo on Wednesday and then will have a pet scan and mri the first week of April. If the chemo is not working, then we will try another chemo. Remember, doctors go by statistics but I am not a statistic and my will to live is strong!!!

Carol

Thanks Camul
    Thank you, she's isn't ready to give up, but I'm telling you, my husband is so depressed over it, he just keeps saying it's in the bones. And I don't know what to say back. I'm not familiar with breast or bone cancer the treatments are very different then colon cancer.
    Thank you for responding. I'll let my husband know. It is so appreciated.
    Winter Marie
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537

Thanks Camul
    Thank you, she's isn't ready to give up, but I'm telling you, my husband is so depressed over it, he just keeps saying it's in the bones. And I don't know what to say back. I'm not familiar with breast or bone cancer the treatments are very different then colon cancer.
    Winter Marie

Hi Winter Marie, remember if
    Hi Winter Marie, remember if it is only in her spine than even the radiation can help zap the tumors. Mine is in most all of my bones so they zapped the hips and pelvic area which has helped so much. Unfortunately they can't zap the whole body so I am counting on the chemo and tamoxifen to keep me going!

I have known a few women who have lived years (upwards of 10) with bone mets and were in the same state as I am. Each one of us are so different and how we react to treatment is different. I am accepting the fact that I can only do so much and the rest is up to God, and yes some days are easier to believe this. Some days are pity parties, but very few!

It took some of my family longer than others to accept this. I have a brother and sister who won't talk to me because it is too hard for them, we lost a brother to cancer and 2 more have it now. Maybe if he goes with you to one of your appointments he can get some answers from your onco!

Wish you the best and her.
    Carol
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Thanks Camul
    Winter Marie

Just to let you know that
    Just to let you know that the pink sisters here are thinking of your family and sending prayers.

Hugs, Angie
  • herdizziness
    camul said:

Hi Winter Marie, remember if
    Hi Winter Marie, remember if it is only in her spine than even the radiation can help zap the tumors. Mine is in most all of my bones so they zapped the hips and pelvic area which has helped so much. Unfortunately they can't zap the whole body so I am counting on the chemo and tamoxifen to keep me going!

I have known a few women who have lived years (upwards of 10) with bone mets and were in the same state as I am. Each one of us are so different and how we react to treatment is different. I am accepting the fact that I can only do so much and the rest is up to God, and yes some days are easier to believe this. Some days are pity parties, but very few!

It took some of my family longer than others to accept this. I have a brother and sister who won't talk to me because it is too hard for them, we lost a brother to cancer and 2 more have it now. Maybe if he goes with you to one of your appointments he can get some answers from your onco!

Wish you the best and her.
    Carol

Carol
    Thanks Carol, like the upwards of 10 years. My hubby goes to all my oncologist and chemo appointments. I have one this Friday, so we'll ask my onc about his sister. My onc is pretty good. I just celebrated my 52nd birthday yesterday and my son's wedding Saturday, and the chances had been slim that I would see it. I thank my onc an awful lot for this. I pray her's is as capable.
    Winter Marie
  • herdizziness
    Angie2U said:

Just to let you know that
    Just to let you know that the pink sisters here are thinking of your family and sending prayers.

Hugs, Angie

Angie
    Thank you.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Angie
    Thank you.

I just want you, your
    I just want you, your husband and your sister in law to know that you are not alone in this. We are all here to support you. Don't forget that!

Hugs, Angie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    camul said:

Carol

I am so very sorry about all
    I am so very sorry about all of this. My prayers for your family.

Hugs, Leeza