Jul 01, 2014 - 11:38 pm
I just received my PSA test results, and I wanted to share it with you.
The result for PSA was <0.015.
The timing of this test is approximately 23 months after my 2nd and last Lupron shot (two 3-month dosages), and also approximately 23 months after my last radiation treatment (38 visits, 68 Greys).
While I recognize that I have only traveled a short distance on this long road, I do feel encouraged that the bandit may still be currently holed up in some remote part of my body, hiding and patiently biding its time.
In the meantime, I will celebrate this six month renewal of my lease on life with a glass or three of wine this evening, and I continue to give thanks to all of you who have supported and coached me on this journey.
Please join me this evening in your time zone in a virtual toast.
Related History and Data:
Post-Robotic Prostate Removal Surgery Pathology Report
A. Lymph nodes, right pelvic: Two (2) lymph nodes; negative for metastasis.
B. Lymph nodes, left pelvic: Two (2) lymph nodes; negative for metastasis.
C. Prostate, radical resection:
1. Prostatic adenocarcinoma, Gleason grade 4+3=7, involving both lobes, at least 2.1cm and occupying 15% of the prostate by volume.
2. No lymphatic/vascular invasion is present.
3. Perineural invasion is present.
4. Invasive carcinoma focally extends into extraprostatic soft tissue adjacent to the left posterior prostate (C20).
5. The Seminal vesicles are free of carcinoma.
6. The inked margins are free of carcinoma.
7. High-grade PIN is present.
8. Necrotizing granulomas are present within the prostate parenchyma; stains for microorganisms will be performed and reported in an addendum.
D. Left mid margin: Fibrovascular tissue; negative for tumor.
Diagnosis Comment: AJCC: pT3a NO
Robotic Prostate Removal Surgery
AUS 800 Artificial Sphincter Implant Surgery
Hormone Therapy (Lupron tri-monthly and Casodex daily)
Stopped 11/6/2013 (2nd and last 3-month dosage shot given on 8/6/2013)
Radiation Therapy (38 visits, 68 Grays)
5.22 - 6/28/2011 (59 years old)
0.05 - 12/22/2011
0.05 - 3/25/2012
0.05 - 6/22/2012
0.06 - 10/13/2012
0.08 - 12/31/2012
0.11 - 3/30/2013
0.13 - 4/23/2013
0.02 - 8/6/2013
0.02 - 11/26/2013
<0.015 - 7/28/2014
<0.015 - 1/3/2015
<0.015 - 7/7/2015
Previous Related Posts (Mostly artificial sphincter and hormone/radiation experiences):
http://csn.cancer.org/node/188931?page=3 - 5 postings
http://csn.cancer.org/node/188931?page=5 - 3 postings