Jan 28, 2014 - 3:30 pm
I would appreciate any advice and info anybody would have to share.
My sister is 51 yrs old and just diagnosed with Stage IV Uterine Adenocarcinoma that has spread to both pelvic, vertebra & the shoulder. The tumor in the uterus is 9cm & the tumor on the shoulder is 3cm. She is in a lot of pain and will start her first chemo session tomorrow. She has bone fracture in the shoulder where the tumor is and alsof fractures on the L4 & T6 vertebra.
1. Anybody with experience on Stage IV Adenocarcinoma with Bone Mets and what is the survival rate?
2. What treatments did you go for this? The doctors do not recommend hysterectomy nor radiation. Just chemo.
3. Any treatments for the bone fractures while receiving chemo?
4. Any other drugs available that will prevent further bone fractures?
5. Any drugs for pain? The doctor prescribed paracetomol & taxomol but do not seem to help.
Would appreciate any info you have. We are very devastated and worried. We lost a family member to lung cancer 2 yrs ago and this can't be happening to us again.