I wanted to try this for my neuropathy. I only use the lemon and water and put in some stevia for sweetness. I’m going to put in my fresh ginger tonight, which will prove to be interesting. I’ve been drinking it before I go to bed and I am not waking up like I have been. Believe it or not I have dropped 2 pounds already and my feet are feeling better. I also heard it is good to clean out the lymph nodes. Strange but if it works…
The Whole Lemon Drink is a recipe that was shared with me by my esteemed colleague and author, Peter De Ruyter. I have used it for various areas of health with excellent results (including and not limited only to digestion and digestive system function).
It’s simple and it tastes great. For improved health and digestion, all you have to do is drink it twice daily.
The Whole Lemon Drink is ideal for:
• Enhanced immune function
• Liver health
• Assisting with hormonal balance
• Nourishing and strengthening cells and cell membranes
• Improving and normalising digestive health
Some of the benefits of the Whole Lemon Drink (observed in over 20 years of clinical practice):
• It decreases blood acidity and alkalises the system – despite lemon juice being acidic;
• The oils provide essential fatty acids that boost immune function, benefit cell integrity, and improve skin health (resolving dryness), etc;
• The D-limonene in the lemon peel has anti-cancer properties;
• The pectin in the lemon helps to emulsify oils and chelate toxins from the bowel
• Lemon peel contains oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs) – powerful antioxidants with antihistamine effects;
• Lecithin acts on healing and detoxifying the liver (it’s wonderful to address fatty liver) and nervous system (peripheral neuropathy) as well as the kidneys and brain, and enhances fat absorption;
• Lecithin helps normalise cholesterol and triglycerides;
• The choline in the lecithin and the oils in the citrus skin glands help liver detoxification pathways to work more effectively;
• The drink helps decrease swollen glands, increases energy, as well as lift depression and anxiety;
• It helps with insomnia and increases the appetite (only when it is poor);
• It assists in weight normalisation;
• It frequently raises CD4 cell counts (fighting cells of the immune system);
• It helps to decrease tumour necrosis factor (TNF), inflammation and wasting;
One amazing brew - cheap, simple, safe, and effective!
Whole Lemon Drink Recipe
1 whole organic lemon, well scrubbed to remove any wax or residues
• ½ cup filtered water
• 1-3 dessertspoons cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil or extra virgin olive oil
• 1 heaped dessertspoon lecithin (egg based—not soy, but only if you are not allergic, otherwise exclude)
• 1 capsule of vitamin E (whole into the blender)
• 1 knob of fresh ginger (approximately golf ball size)
Cut lemon into small pieces, combine all ingredients and blend for 30-45 seconds. Strain and discard the pulp. Consume ½ of the liquid before or with breakfast and the rest for dinner. Store the remainder in a clean glass container* in the fridge. Always consume the total amount within 24 hours to prevent rancidity and too much oxidation.
*Ideally the glass container should be as full of the drink as possible to decrease the amount of air, which speeds up oxidation.