Feb 25, 2007 - 6:33 pm
Posted in November: My husband had a RP in June and results of his PSA were 0.02 then 0.00 3 months ago. Waited the 3 months and it is at 0.04 today. The doctor recommended waiting 2 weeks and repeating the PSA and if it is still up moving on to radiation (5 weeks). Why the wait? I mean if it is up why would 2 weeks make a difference? The way I understand it ...nothing else makes PSA so why not just plan and initiate radiation right away? Anyone that can shed some light on this please do! Thanks in advance! (My husband is 55 and had a Gleason 7 4+3 aggressive cancer.) His whole family has prostate cancer, it seems!