CSN Login
Members Online: 12

What tests to ask doc for?

Posts: 5
Joined: May 2004

Hi All,

I am from Australia and found this wonderful website with so much useful info. I came here initially because my friend has ovca so I wanted to find out as much as I could so I could suport her and have some understanding of what she is going through. More recently I have had some strange symptoms that do concern me, such as heavy periods, constant nagging pain on right side, so tired even after a good nights sleep, pain in right leg and buttock but after saying all that I do have a history of Endometriosis which does mimic some symptoms of ovca! I have undergone 3 laporoscopys and more recently Sep 2003 a laporotomy where they removed a 4cm mass on the right ovary which they called a 'endometrioma', as far as I know they didn't do ca125 or any other test but simply said it was caused from endo! 7 months down the track and the pain is back, I am still tired and my periods have stopped. I had an app with my gyno who said only option is a hysterectomy although I have not had children because of being infertile and I am now 38 so it isn't looking good. My question is if I should ask my doc to do a frozen section and ca 125 test and look for signs of ovca when he does hyseterectomy? Any advice? thank you all and god bless

Subscribe with RSS
About Cancer Society

The content on this site is for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease without consulting with a qualified healthcare provider. Please consult your healthcare provider with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition. Use of this online service is subject to the disclaimer and the terms and conditions.

Copyright 2000-2015 © Cancer Survivors Network