Update BJmom

Options
bjmom1
bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone, Just giving you a little update. I have been in so much pain my doctor decided to take me off of zometa and go to new treatment. I do not know what kind until after I have stereotactic spine radiosurgery to my T6. This is a high radiation that beam directly at my T6 tumor that will not effect any other spot. I have that done the end of Aug. This treatment suppose to help relieve the pain so wish me luck. Thank you for thinking about me. I feel like I have second family that truly understand how I feel and I am blessed to call u all my sisters.

Big Cyber Hugs
Barbara

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    ~Hugs to you as well~
    Barbara I am sorry to hear that you are in such pain, I hope the radiation surgery is a success and will ease some of your pain! Will be keeping you in my prayers.

❤ RE ❤
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hey Barbara,
    Thanks for the update. Sending thoughts & prayers your way. Hugs, Jean
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Oh Barbara.
    I'm so very sorry that you are in so much pain. I pray that the rads will work well.
    And all you pain will be gone. We are all with you. You are in my prayers and thoughts. Kay, Your sister in pink.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    (((((((HUGS)))))) right back
    (((((((HUGS)))))) right back at you!! I am sorry that your zometa caused you pain~ and of course I wish you luck and mega success wi thhe stereostatic surgery ! I know what you mean about thanking the sisterhood for thinking of you~I am oftentimes overwhelmed by the outpouring of love I feel here. You are right, this really is a Second Family, and for many of us, even a First Family or Only Family.

Keep us posted !
    Chen♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

(((((((HUGS)))))) right back
    (((((((HUGS)))))) right back at you!! I am sorry that your zometa caused you pain~ and of course I wish you luck and mega success wi thhe stereostatic surgery ! I know what you mean about thanking the sisterhood for thinking of you~I am oftentimes overwhelmed by the outpouring of love I feel here. You are right, this really is a Second Family, and for many of us, even a First Family or Only Family.

Keep us posted !
    Chen♥

sorry you are in pain, that
    sorry you are in pain, that stinks. I have heard people getting good results from the therapy. so praying you get good results!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

sorry you are in pain, that
    sorry you are in pain, that stinks. I have heard people getting good results from the therapy. so praying you get good results!

Thank you Barbara for
    Thank you Barbara for posting. I wondered how you were doing.

Wishing you good luck and praying for you!

Hugs, Debby&#9825
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    To one of my special family
    To one of my special family memnbers. This really is an amazing place of wonderful people "in the know" and more so, "in the care". I hope you begin to feel some relief so you can continue the enjoyment of LIFE. Sending a VERY gentle hug your way (still sore from mastextomy)!!!
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

To one of my special family
    To one of my special family memnbers. This really is an amazing place of wonderful people "in the know" and more so, "in the care". I hope you begin to feel some relief so you can continue the enjoyment of LIFE. Sending a VERY gentle hug your way (still sore from mastextomy)!!!

I am sorry that your bone
    I am sorry that your bone mets are causing you such pain and the zometa is not helping, I also have bone mets, t-11 and have been on zometa for 2 years. I have not had much pain from the bone mets. I have been wondering how you were doing, i wish you well with your treatment
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Prayers
    I will be praying that your surgery is a successful one. Sorry I can't take some of the pain from you. Take care of yourself.

P
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Prayers
    I will be praying that your surgery is a successful one. Sorry I can't take some of the pain from you. Take care of yourself.

P

Pain
    Zometa can certainly cause bone pain all by itself, let alone the cancer. Sorry it was so bad for you. Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.

MM
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    My heart goes out

Hi Barbara
    My heart goes out to you! Im so sorry you cant relief your pain, hopefully theres great success with the sterotactic surgery. Be prayin for ya!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    meena1 said:

I am sorry that your bone
    I am sorry that your bone mets are causing you such pain and the zometa is not helping, I also have bone mets, t-11 and have been on zometa for 2 years. I have not had much pain from the bone mets. I have been wondering how you were doing, i wish you well with your treatment

Praying you get relief from
    Praying you get relief from the pain! Take care!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Barbara
    I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I'm hoping the radiation works. I met a woman who had been on Zometa infusions monthly for the past 6 years. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I have lumbar spinal stenosis but I don't begin to understand the pain you are experiencing. Sending gentle cyber {{hugs}}.
    Char
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Barbara
    I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I'm hoping the radiation works. I met a woman who had been on Zometa infusions monthly for the past 6 years. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I have lumbar spinal stenosis but I don't begin to understand the pain you are experiencing. Sending gentle cyber {{hugs}}.
    Char

Please don't forget to give
    Please don't forget to give updates on how you are doing, I also have bone mets so i find your posts very helpful.
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    meena1 said:

Please don't forget to give
    Please don't forget to give updates on how you are doing, I also have bone mets so i find your posts very helpful.

I'm sorry for your pain
    Hopefully, taking you off will give you some relief. Everyone reacts so differently from meds and I'm hoping they find one that you can tolerate.

Keeping you in prayer,

Sylvia
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

I'm sorry for your pain
    Hopefully, taking you off will give you some relief. Everyone reacts so differently from meds and I'm hoping they find one that you can tolerate.

Keeping you in prayer,

Sylvia

I am sending you
    warm wishes and hope for relief from pain. I hope you feel better soon and stay feeling better for a long long time.

xo,
    Victoria
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Oh Barbara
    I am wishing you ALL the luck in the world and hoping this will do away
    wit the pain. I am hoping for the best for you and keeping you in my
    thoughts.

I will be on the look out for your next filled with good news!

Lots of hugs,

Ayse
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know
    Thanks for letting us know how you are doing, although so sorry to hear that you are in pain. Best wishes that this new treatment will bring you relief. Hugs. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Double post!
    But a chance to send another hug and warm wishes your way! xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Double post!
    But a chance to send another hug and warm wishes your way! xoxoxoxo Lynn

Great to see a post from
    Great to see a post from you! Sending hugs and prayers for you!

Sue :)