http://www.presentruth.com/2010/05/can-food-kill-cancer-video/
Copy and paste into your browser.
So hopeful and so interesting!

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    interesting!
    Interesting to watch. Most of us, I'm sure, have heard of Avastin and how it kills the blood supply. The clinical trial data on Avastin is expected to be discussed at cancer convention early next month.

As he mentioned. I do wonder how much consumption is needed to actually see an impact. Several years prior to being dx with stage IV ovca I started drinking green tea..maybe once or twice daily. I only stopped during my pregnancy because I read it interfered with folic acid absorbtion. Also, I drank soy shakes twice a day. When I became pregnant I switched to soy milk. Of course, I always ate a variety of fruits and veggies. This is why it bugs me soooooo much that I get ovarian cancer. Not to mentioned I had my first child at young age and breastfed all three of my kids beyond one year each. In my opinion, I was a lot healthier then most people I know! But, it is food for thought. I will continue with the green tea and maybe start drinking soy shakes again. Caution to women who are BRCA postive. Soy has estrogen and this is a problem with cancers that feed on estrogen. Please check with your oncologist before consuming large amounts of soy.
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    nancy591 said:

interesting!
    Interesting to watch. Most of us, I'm sure, have heard of Avastin and how it kills the blood supply. The clinical trial data on Avastin is expected to be discussed at cancer convention early next month.

As he mentioned. I do wonder how much consumption is needed to actually see an impact. Several years prior to being dx with stage IV ovca I started drinking green tea..maybe once or twice daily. I only stopped during my pregnancy because I read it interfered with folic acid absorbtion. Also, I drank soy shakes twice a day. When I became pregnant I switched to soy milk. Of course, I always ate a variety of fruits and veggies. This is why it bugs me soooooo much that I get ovarian cancer. Not to mentioned I had my first child at young age and breastfed all three of my kids beyond one year each. In my opinion, I was a lot healthier then most people I know! But, it is food for thought. I will continue with the green tea and maybe start drinking soy shakes again. Caution to women who are BRCA postive. Soy has estrogen and this is a problem with cancers that feed on estrogen. Please check with your oncologist before consuming large amounts of soy.

Like most of us, I have
    Like most of us, I have great hopes for Avastin and eagerly await the trial data.

Marley, I have nothing to say, one way or the other, regarding the video and food as therapy for cancer. To each his own. I do, however, take great exception to the underlying message of the parent organization, "Present Truth", an anti-gay, anti-Catholic, anti-Semantic site/group that spreads hatred and misinformation.

Carlene
  • Disneynutt
    Disneynutt Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Like most of us, I have
    Like most of us, I have great hopes for Avastin and eagerly await the trial data.

Marley, I have nothing to say, one way or the other, regarding the video and food as therapy for cancer. To each his own. I do, however, take great exception to the underlying message of the parent organization, "Present Truth", an anti-gay, anti-Catholic, anti-Semantic site/group that spreads hatred and misinformation.

Carlene

I agree with you Carlene
    You are spot on.