Grieving

Options
cassie2
cassie2 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
My Daughter (Tawanna) died of Colon Cancer October 16, 2009 at age 26 one week before her 27th birthday.
Tawanna battled with cancer for five long years now she is gone.

I never left her side from day of her illness.
In addition, when ever she had to go Into the Hospitl I was there sleeping in her room with her.

My Daughter is longer here on this earth with me and I feel Lost.

Comments

• lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Options
    I am sorry.
    I am so sorry to hear about Tawanna. My heart goes out to you. Remember the good times and keep them in your heart and mind.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Oh, Cassie, I'm putting my arms around you.....
    I lost a daughter, myself, so I can only guess at the pain you are in now. I, too, spent much time in hospitals, although they were mental facilities, but the feelings were the same.

I comfort myself with keeping mental pictures of her laughing, and loving life. I never discouraged people from talking about her...it keeps her alive for me. I send you all the warmth I have...

Hugs, Kathi
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    hugs and prayers
    Hi Cassie,

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved daughter Tawanna. She left this earth far too soon. Know that I am saying a prayer for you right now- for your comfort and finding meaning in your ongoing life without her. If you'd like to talk more about anything, I think I'm a pretty good listener and I also would be glad to pray more specifically for you, if that is something you are comfortable with, or are wanting. If you want to, you can send me a PM (private message) through this board by going to CSN Home, then new mail, then type in lisa42. I'd be happy to answer back and talk more.

Take care and blessings to you,
    Lisa
  • abmb
    abmb Member Posts: 311
    Options
    So Sorry
    I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your daughter. May God be with you during this difficult time. Margaret
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Options
    Sorry for your loss
    This brings tears to my eyes. Wow! What a long battle for such a young person. She must be smiling down on you. Prayers for your family. Marie
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    lisa42 said:

hugs and prayers
    Hi Cassie,

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved daughter Tawanna. She left this earth far too soon. Know that I am saying a prayer for you right now- for your comfort and finding meaning in your ongoing life without her. If you'd like to talk more about anything, I think I'm a pretty good listener and I also would be glad to pray more specifically for you, if that is something you are comfortable with, or are wanting. If you want to, you can send me a PM (private message) through this board by going to CSN Home, then new mail, then type in lisa42. I'd be happy to answer back and talk more.

Take care and blessings to you,
    Lisa

SO young...
    You have my sincerest sympathies, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter, she was so young, but know her spirit is still with you in your heart, she is an angel now, and out of pain. She fought a brave and hard battle, and has won now, she is in her glory.

I can't imagine how I would be losing a child, that is a pain that would make me lost as well, you would have to put me in a padded cell, but I was hurting for a long time when I lost my mother at 16, I am glad I am sick, and that it wasn't one of my kids that has this, and hope it never happens to them. It hurts at first, but it does get alittle easier over time, I miss her deeply, and especially on her birthdays and holidays, I still talk to her as if she was still here, I know she's around me, I still feel her.

Let me know if you need anything, or want to talk as well. THis is a wonderful, humble family, and we're here for you, if you want to ever talk in emails or pms. I'm here for you too, I wish I was there to give you some huge hugs!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    So sorry
    So sorry to hear about your daughter,my brother died of pancreatic cancer in jan.08,then I was dx with colorectal cancer.I think it is alot worse to lose a child,I don't know what I would do if I lost one of mine.I will pray for you,and her.
  • Aud
    Aud Member Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry about the
    I am very sorry about the loss of your daughter Tawanna. I'll hold you and your Daughter in the Light.
    Audrey
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    So very sorry
    I am sorry about your loss. Tawanna passed away at such a young age.

I can only imagine how overwhelmingly sad it would be to lose a child. I'll be praying for peace for you, and I hope you will come back to the board and talk about whatever you need to.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Cassie
    I am so sorry about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. I hope you can find some peace and comfort knowing she is out of pain now. You have the hardest part now - being left behind, she has moved on and is at peace.

Celebrate the good memories, cry when you have to, and lean on friends and family as much as you need to. I pray for peace for you too.
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

Cassie
    I am so sorry about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child. I hope you can find some peace and comfort knowing she is out of pain now. You have the hardest part now - being left behind, she has moved on and is at peace.

Celebrate the good memories, cry when you have to, and lean on friends and family as much as you need to. I pray for peace for you too.

So Sorry
    Please remember her in the memories that you hold. She will live in your heart forever. She woud not want you to suffer because a thought of her ran through you mind, Remember instead the life she brought to your home, the love, the smiles you shared and the laughter that echoed through your home. Close your eyes and think of her often.

I have four daughters, and one of them lost her son three years ago. Thinking back, I can still see my daughter's face, she would look into my eys, with eyes that would penetrate deep into my soul, asking me without words, to help her. It was so painful, but she got through the heart wrenching time, and so will you.

Tears are good.

Raquel
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    So Sorry!
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter Tawanna. You have experienced that which every parent dreads, the loss of a child. We weep with you...

Rob; in Vancouver
  • Janet3
    Janet3 Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Prayers
    Oh my goodness, I can not imagine the depth of your pain and feeling of loss. I hope you can think of her as an angel now and hope you believe that she has gone to a better place where she'll be waiting for you. I know this may be next to impossible right now but try to focus on the good memories and celebrate her life and the good times you had together. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers daily.You have found a wonderful support group here. They have helped me tremendously. I would also encourage you to find a support group in your area, maybe church, where you can actually get together with others and share your grief and get some one on one support.
    Janet
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    my heartfelt prayers for you
    I am so very sorry for your loss. My parents are helping me with my own cancer journey and I know how hard it has been on them.

I will lift a prayer that you find a way to get through these tough first months. I am a scrapbooker. If you would like to send me any pictures/letters/memorabilia I would be happy to put together a tribute album or some type of memory album for you.

Peggy
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    The only words of
    comfort I can offer, is that God need her for a reason and she is now walking beside him with her wings.
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers go
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Cassie. I'm sorry for your loss.

-Sheri
  • CanadaSue
    CanadaSue Member Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Cassie
    You have my deepest sympathies on the loss of your daughter!
    Take comfort in the fact that she is no longer suffering, but
    an angel watching over you!

Hugs,

Sue
  • cassie2
    cassie2 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    pluckey said:

my heartfelt prayers for you
    I am so very sorry for your loss. My parents are helping me with my own cancer journey and I know how hard it has been on them.

I will lift a prayer that you find a way to get through these tough first months. I am a scrapbooker. If you would like to send me any pictures/letters/memorabilia I would be happy to put together a tribute album or some type of memory album for you.

Peggy

My Thanks to All of You for your kind and encouraging words...
    I want to Thank all of you for your response to my expression of grief.
    I sincerely felt your kind and encouraging words expressed\ posted.

Tears began flowing from my eyes while I read your responses.

Please accept my appreciation and gratitude.

Hugs and kisses

from Cassie
  • TLG320
    TLG320 Member Posts: 167
    Options
    So sorry for your loss
    Cassie,

I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. Remember all of the sweet memories you have of your little girl and know that she's your guardian angel now.

Hugs,

Tashina
  • punch_vj
    punch_vj Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Grieving Too
    I lost my best friend... my beloved siter Peggy on October 11, 2009. I'm familiar with the pain of loss. I too, was at my sister's side throughout the three years she fought this beast. I also slept in her hospital room July-Sept until we briefly were able to help her return "home" She is now, like your beloved one, truly at home. I believe it was Kathi_M on this site who said "away frome our sight, but never really gone." I hold that expression very close to my heart. We will see them again, and they love us endlessly, as we in turn love them. From everlasting to everlast.

Warm Huggs,
    Vonetta