Need recipe for lobster and clams

Options
tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone have a recipe for lobster and clams?
I was thinking about over spaghetti or some type of noodles but I don't know what to do about the sauce.

Any ideas. I don't want to add guppies or tadpole to this recipe.

Thanks.
Margo

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    step 1- invite me!
    From Hans:Make a white roux, season with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and some heat, a little bit of white wine. I supposed that the seafood is already cooked- Hans

From Kathi:Lobster/clams over pasta is good...white sauce, laced with a bit of sherry. Linguini for the pasta...a bit wider noodle.

Hugs, Kathi
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    KathiM said:

step 1- invite me!
    From Hans:Make a white roux, season with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and some heat, a little bit of white wine. I supposed that the seafood is already cooked- Hans

From Kathi:Lobster/clams over pasta is good...white sauce, laced with a bit of sherry. Linguini for the pasta...a bit wider noodle.

Hugs, Kathi

That sounds good. I make
    That sounds good. I make that white sauce and I use Fettuccine noodles, gives it more substance. Dinner is what time? lol
  • tommaseena
    Options
    Kylez said:

That sounds good. I make
    That sounds good. I make that white sauce and I use Fettuccine noodles, gives it more substance. Dinner is what time? lol

Dinner is at 6pm EST
    Dinner is at 6pm EST tomorrow(Sunday).
    Lobster and clams are already cooked.
    Thanks for the sauce recipe.
    The wine cooks off right? I don't need a 5 1/2 year old smashed? Maybe he won't wake up at 4 or 4:30 in the morning on a school day.

LOL
    Margo
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    salad
    You didn't ask for one, but a salad I like with seafood is:
    Fresh spinach leaves (about 1 lb)
    sliced almonds (about 1/2 cup) can be roasted for 5 min 1st, or not.
    raisins and/or dried cranberries (I like Ocean Spray Craisins) (about 1/2 cup)
    Raspberry vinaigerette salad dressing. (about 1/4 cup)

Easy to make, keeps well if you make it ahead.
  • Bill.S
    Bill.S Member Posts: 177
    Options

Dinner is at 6pm EST
    The wine cooks off right? I don't need a 5 1/2 year old smashed? Maybe he won't wake up at 4 or 4:30 in the morning on a school day.

LOL
    Margo

see you tomorrow @ 6
    May I bring desert?
    Bill S.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    seof said:

salad

Raw Guppies, Sauteed Guppies, Boiled Guppies, Fried Guppies, Minced Guppies, Roasted Guppies with garlic, Smoked Guppies, Toasted Guppies....Or finally...... Stuffed Husband! LOL Jxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • tommaseena
    Options
    seof said:

salad

everything sounds yummy
    Everything sounds so yummy--now which do I go with? Have to sleep on that.

What kind of dessert would be good?

Bill, Maine is a long way from Florida.
  • tommaseena
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Raw Guppies, Sauteed Guppies, Boiled Guppies, Fried Guppies, Minced Guppies, Roasted Guppies with garlic, Smoked Guppies, Toasted Guppies....Or finally...... Stuffed Husband! LOL Jxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stuffed husband?
    Stuffed Husband--don't have one any more.
    Don't want one real soon either.

LOL
    Margo
  • tasha_111
    Options

Stuffed husband?
    Stuffed Husband--don't have one any more.
    Don't want one real soon either.

LOL
    Margo

Stuffed Husband
    Margo.......

You can have mine! I'll send him ready stuffed and shrink wrapped, or you can stuff him with your own recipe when the package arrives....Keep refrigerated until use. LOL Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • tommaseena
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Stuffed Husband
    Margo.......

You can have mine! I'll send him ready stuffed and shrink wrapped, or you can stuff him with your own recipe when the package arrives....Keep refrigerated until use. LOL Jxxxxxxxxxxx

No thanks
    No thanks had one of the same type before and if I get another man in my life he will not be like the last one. You are in the same boat as I was and we are strong woman and can do better. I know I can and you are a strong woman and you can too.

You are in my thoughts everyday. Wishing you the best decision you can make.

Hugs to you,
    Margo
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

Dinner is at 6pm EST

LOL
    Margo

Yes, all that's left is the flavor...
    Neither Hans nor I drink (pretty boring, huh?), but still like the taste of wines/alchol in foods...all of it cooks off in the sauce...

Dessert: Medly of fresh berries (slice the strawberries), mixed with fruit syrup or ginger syrup and refrigerated for at least 1/2 hour. Serve over vanilla ice cream. (I like to melt mine, and stir the berries in....mmmmm)

Hans: Smash ripe banannas, mix in chocolate milk powder...fold in whipped topping, if you want a lighter taste, refrigerate 1/2 hour...mmmmm, frozen banannas, without the frozen....

Hugs, Kathi
  • tommaseena
    Options
    KathiM said:

Yes, all that's left is the flavor...
    Neither Hans nor I drink (pretty boring, huh?), but still like the taste of wines/alchol in foods...all of it cooks off in the sauce...

Dessert: Medly of fresh berries (slice the strawberries), mixed with fruit syrup or ginger syrup and refrigerated for at least 1/2 hour. Serve over vanilla ice cream. (I like to melt mine, and stir the berries in....mmmmm)

Hans: Smash ripe banannas, mix in chocolate milk powder...fold in whipped topping, if you want a lighter taste, refrigerate 1/2 hour...mmmmm, frozen banannas, without the frozen....

Hugs, Kathi

yummy
    Dessert sounds wonderful no matter how you do it.
    Hans likes his different than yours--to each his own--as long as it satisfies ones buds--taste buds that is. LOL.
    Margo
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Well of course your looking
    Well of course your looking for a lobster recipe, you live in Maine. Here we have very expensive frozen lobster and if you want fresh you have to take out a loan. Enjoy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Go Italian style...
    I like my seafood with a light tomato sauce, Italian style, with garlic and herbs. Yeah, over linguine. No, absolutely no guppies nor tadpoles. Mussels, shrimp are also good additions.

Sounds delish, however you choose to do it - enjoy your Sunday dinner!

Kind regards, Susan
  • tasha_111
    Options

Go Italian style...
    I like my seafood with a light tomato sauce, Italian style, with garlic and herbs. Yeah, over linguine. No, absolutely no guppies nor tadpoles. Mussels, shrimp are also good additions.

Sounds delish, however you choose to do it - enjoy your Sunday dinner!

Kind regards, Susan

Alright
    Garlic, tomato, onion (Spring), Basil , celery and summer savoury.

Wow, I can't believe I'm being sensible........LOL
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Alright
    Garlic, tomato, onion (Spring), Basil , celery and summer savoury.

Wow, I can't believe I'm being sensible........LOL

AWRIGHTY THEN!
    J - YOU USE SUMMER SAVOURY (or, savory, as we cretins spell it)?!?!?

SO DO I - and nobody else I know EVER KNOWS what the heck it is! People will say: "Gee, these green beans taste really good. What's in 'em?" I answer: "Savory (or, as you'd say: savoury). Then they say: "Yes, but what's in 'em?" HA HA HA!!!

Kindest regards, Susan

P.S.: Your recipe sounds awesome. Any Italian mixed in with your Brit bloodline?
  • tasha_111
    Options

AWRIGHTY THEN!
    J - YOU USE SUMMER SAVOURY (or, savory, as we cretins spell it)?!?!?

SO DO I - and nobody else I know EVER KNOWS what the heck it is! People will say: "Gee, these green beans taste really good. What's in 'em?" I answer: "Savory (or, as you'd say: savoury). Then they say: "Yes, but what's in 'em?" HA HA HA!!!

Kindest regards, Susan

P.S.: Your recipe sounds awesome. Any Italian mixed in with your Brit bloodline?

Molto Bene
    YES!

Savory , Savoury, Satureja Hortensis. Whatever.........Makes great flavour..

Go for it! It is wonderful stuff. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

You didn't mention....
    Grilled guppies!!! Soak squewers in water over nite,,,alternate guppies,seaweed,cherry tomatoe,,,,season with old bay,salt & pepper,,,,,grill on BBQ turning once till done!!! Beware.....this recipe comes from the one who DOES NOT cook (me) and better half who is the main cook (Hubby) suggest serving over saffron rice!! (says sprig of parsley is optional). :)
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    seof said:

salad

That salad sounds good. I
    That salad sounds good. I am going to have to make that. I think my hubby would even like that. Now, I am hungry for it lol
  • tommaseena
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Molto Bene
    YES!

Savory , Savoury, Satureja Hortensis. Whatever.........Makes great flavour..

Go for it! It is wonderful stuff. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wonderful recipes
    All wonderful recipes--will have to try every one out--not at the same time. Thank god lobster isn't too expensive--right now $5.29 hopefully it will go down more when and if the good warm weather ever arrives.

Jake loves any kind of seafood--I have a kid who has expensive taste buds--but he is worth every little penny.

Thanks.
    Margo