Rising CA-125

Options
saundra
saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
My latest blood marker test was 92 so I will surely be on another round of chemo come May. I will see the gyn/onc on May 13 and he will decide which one. I say the oncologist Wed. and everything else is good in the blood counts. I am feeling good and no other indicators are showing except the continued rise in CA-125 which is a really good marker, so far, for me. My last test was in January and read 51 so it is not rising rapidly which is good.

Blessed Easter for all of you. We plan on here in Spring is Sprung Midland. I love the renewal of all the creation from it's winter sleep, don't you?

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. John 14:27

Saundra

Comments

• green50
    green50 Member Posts: 312
    Options
    Hope you get a little longer break Saundra
    Well count still looks good though, Huh? Wish mine was that low I would defineately take a break. But we are all different on how it grows I guess. Hope you can take a little longer but hope all goes well no matter what you do. I have to try another chemo end of month, don't know how much more my body can take. I'm shocked that Bonnie's is 6 and yet she has to go by cat scans because she has tumors. I pray yours goes back down. If I ever get below 100 again I will take my break. Maybe if it stablizes as well. You take care
    Prayers and Hugs
    Sandy
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Options
    Ca 125
    Hi Saundra,
    I hoped you enjoyed your vacation in Japan. I'm sorry to hear your ca has gone up. Mine jumped from 50.6 to 94.60 in 3 weeks. I started Gemzar last Monday. I get it 1 day for 3 weeks then 1 week off. Please keep us updated. You’re always in my prayers.
    Sandy, you and Bonnie have been an inspiration to me. You both give me hope that I will be around for awhile. You’re both brave and courageous warriors.
    Have a blessed Easter
    Hugs, Prayers and Love, Terry
  • green50
    Options

Ca 125
    Hi Saundra,
    I hoped you enjoyed your vacation in Japan. I'm sorry to hear your ca has gone up. Mine jumped from 50.6 to 94.60 in 3 weeks. I started Gemzar last Monday. I get it 1 day for 3 weeks then 1 week off. Please keep us updated. You’re always in my prayers.
    Sandy, you and Bonnie have been an inspiration to me. You both give me hope that I will be around for awhile. You’re both brave and courageous warriors.
    Have a blessed Easter
    Hugs, Prayers and Love, Terry

Thank you
    I am surprised ladies under 100 take chemo, but I know they have to go by cat scans how your feeling etc. Pray that the next chemo works. I know the DRs have to figure out chemo or treatment without chemo totally destroying your body. It must be hard for the medical field too to try and figure it all. But I feel I have a good Oncologist who also talks with the others in the cancer center and talks to my gyno/onco who did surgery. Again thank you Terry for making me feel better. If nothing else I hope I can help others. God Bless
    Prayers and Hugs
    Sandy
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Hugs
    Hi Saundra, sorry to hear your numbers are going up, but glad it has been a slow crawl. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way for your next Dr appt.

Just an FYI my ca125 is not at 6 now, but has been that low with lots of tumors on the ctscan. I think for me my body only makes high numbers when the microscopic disease is swimming around :-) and high numbers for me anymore is maybe 200. I think the last 2 months it has been 76 which is low but the ct scan shows the big picture. I did have a friend with about the same amount of disease and she was 12,000 ~ and another women I met who when finally diagnosed a 3c was only 54 ca125. Go figure huh?

Anyway, that is whole different post. :-) I loved your verse 2day saundra. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • green50
    Options
    BonnieR said:

Hugs
    Hi Saundra, sorry to hear your numbers are going up, but glad it has been a slow crawl. Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way for your next Dr appt.

Just an FYI my ca125 is not at 6 now, but has been that low with lots of tumors on the ctscan. I think for me my body only makes high numbers when the microscopic disease is swimming around :-) and high numbers for me anymore is maybe 200. I think the last 2 months it has been 76 which is low but the ct scan shows the big picture. I did have a friend with about the same amount of disease and she was 12,000 ~ and another women I met who when finally diagnosed a 3c was only 54 ca125. Go figure huh?

Anyway, that is whole different post. :-) I loved your verse 2day saundra. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie

Thanks Bonnie for Info
    Thanks Bonnie for info. Sometimes Or maybe a lot I get confused. LOL My Dr. did say some women like me have high counts of protein and some with low but still have more or bigger tumors then me. Its a crazy disease. No matter what our count I pray we all beat this and as you know the fight goes on. Can you believe mine is 25000 and its not the disease that makes me feel bad just chemo. When I have my breaks I feel pretty good after couple months just before I start chemo again. Also when they found me full of cancer the first time my count was 84!!!! And now 25000!!! Go figure. Well still I am blessed with all of you as my friends. Again HAPPY EASTER AND GOD BLESS
    PRAYERS AND HUGS
    SANDY
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    green50 said:

Thanks Bonnie for Info
    Thanks Bonnie for info. Sometimes Or maybe a lot I get confused. LOL My Dr. did say some women like me have high counts of protein and some with low but still have more or bigger tumors then me. Its a crazy disease. No matter what our count I pray we all beat this and as you know the fight goes on. Can you believe mine is 25000 and its not the disease that makes me feel bad just chemo. When I have my breaks I feel pretty good after couple months just before I start chemo again. Also when they found me full of cancer the first time my count was 84!!!! And now 25000!!! Go figure. Well still I am blessed with all of you as my friends. Again HAPPY EASTER AND GOD BLESS
    PRAYERS AND HUGS
    SANDY

Whoa
    Hey Sandy, never known anyone with a ca125 of 25,000 whoa... that is amazing adn to start at only 84. When I was first diagnosed it was 2000 we swapped places
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Dear Saundra
    Bad news that the CA is rising, but good news that it is going so slow and that you feel good. (Once mine stared to rise, it doubled up every month.) Keep us updated on your May 13th appointment.

Just got back from our Easter Celebrations today. We started the day with an Easter Egg Hunt for the little ones, the kids did a drama, and we closed with a pot luck lunch. I was able to interpret today (Japanese to English, for our English speakers) and it was a glorious day. I didn't even think about the "C" word. I want more days like this!!

Prayers and warm hugs,

kathleen:)

PS You look great!! One of these days I am going to figure out how to post pics:)
  • green50
    Options
    kayandok said:

Dear Saundra
    Bad news that the CA is rising, but good news that it is going so slow and that you feel good. (Once mine stared to rise, it doubled up every month.) Keep us updated on your May 13th appointment.

Just got back from our Easter Celebrations today. We started the day with an Easter Egg Hunt for the little ones, the kids did a drama, and we closed with a pot luck lunch. I was able to interpret today (Japanese to English, for our English speakers) and it was a glorious day. I didn't even think about the "C" word. I want more days like this!!

Prayers and warm hugs,

kathleen:)

PS You look great!! One of these days I am going to figure out how to post pics:)

Wonderful Kathleen
    That sounds like a fantastic start for this glorious Easter. Thanks for sharing what you did sounds fun. Your right its a beautiful sunshiny day and don't even want to think of the C word. I am going to my Mom and Dad's for dinner and thank God I am blessed with another year with them. AGAIN HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE
    Hugs and Prayers
    Sandy