"Friends List"

Options
tgf
tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I must have missed something in the "registration instructions" ... but I see that most (if not ALL) of you have some little icony thing after your name and when I click on it ... it says "friends list" or something like that. I fell left out. :-) What is that ... and how do I get to be part of the "club"?

thanks,
teena

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Teena,
    You can add anyone to your "friend's list" by clicking on their name and selecting "add to friend's list." I just added you to my list.

Mimi
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning friend!!
    I also added you as my friend. Can't have enough! hope you add me! What a beautiful day to have a new friend. I believe spring is coming and with it a rebirth of hope and healing.
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I don't know what that
    I don't know what that means either. I think you are all my friends. What benefit do we get by being on a friend's list?

I don't have one by my name. Does that mean I'm not my own friend? Well, I sure do a lot of talking to myself. But come to think about it, myself never talks back!
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I don't know what that
    I don't know what that means either. I think you are all my friends. What benefit do we get by being on a friend's list?

I don't have one by my name. Does that mean I'm not my own friend? Well, I sure do a lot of talking to myself. But come to think about it, myself never talks back!

I'll be your friend :-)
    Hi Marcia ... From what the others have said ... I think I just added you to my friend list but like you ... I have no idea what it all means ... unless that means we can have one-on-one "conversations" with our "friends" instead of posting to the entire discussion group. Beats me. Any more information out there from you folks who are more familiar with all of the ins and outs of the communications ????

teena
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    tgf said:

I'll be your friend :-)
    Hi Marcia ... From what the others have said ... I think I just added you to my friend list but like you ... I have no idea what it all means ... unless that means we can have one-on-one "conversations" with our "friends" instead of posting to the entire discussion group. Beats me. Any more information out there from you folks who are more familiar with all of the ins and outs of the communications ????

teena

All I know is
    when I've wanted to PM someone, it only allows me to do so from my "friends list." So, I add people on when I want to send them a private message. Otherwise, I don't really see the utility either...
  • Marcia527
    Options
    mimivac said:

All I know is
    when I've wanted to PM someone, it only allows me to do so from my "friends list." So, I add people on when I want to send them a private message. Otherwise, I don't really see the utility either...

I PM someone once but didn't
    I PM someone once but didn't have them on a list. I typed in their user name. Maybe it's an easier way of PMing. Otherwise you could type in the wrong user name and get someone other than who you wanted. I see, I see, says the blind man or woman.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Icon
    No one sees their own icon because you can't add yourself to your own friends list. In other words you can't be your own friend. LOL

Jadie
  • bjhancock
    bjhancock Member Posts: 3
    Options
    new here also
    I was wondering the same thing. Not sure how to add friends
  • Marcia527
    Options
    bjhancock said:

new here also
    I was wondering the same thing. Not sure how to add friends

Just click on the icon next
    Just click on the icon next to the user name and you will get a screen asking if you want to add this friend. Just click on 'add' and you have added them. I just added you and you should have a message saying I've added you.
  • Jadie
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Just click on the icon next
    Just click on the icon next to the user name and you will get a screen asking if you want to add this friend. Just click on 'add' and you have added them. I just added you and you should have a message saying I've added you.

I'm sad
    This makes me sad :( I have no friends.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Jadie said:

I'm sad

You have one now Jadie.
    You have one now Jadie. LOL. I consider all of you my friends, actually more like family. Love you all, Lili
  • Marcia527
    Options
    Jadie said:

I'm sad

I just added you as a
    I just added you as a friend...now you can be really sad.
  • Jadie
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I just added you as a
    I just added you as a friend...now you can be really sad.

Thank you Lili and Marcia.
    Thank you Lili and Marcia. Now I feel loved. LOL I just love everyone on this board. Ya'all feel like family.

Hugs
    Jadie
  • MollysGma
    MollysGma Member Posts: 13
    Options
    friend's list, missed it too
    Hi, I'm new, too, and missed that list thing. But now I'm going to add as many as I can, I think. I REALLY need some friends. Added you!