made it half way

Options
Twinks56
Twinks56 Member Posts: 37
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been really busy and not had time to chat or post.I wanted to let everyone know that I just pasted my half way point towards my 5 year mark.Doing okay,just still tired alot,more than before the bc. Been dealing with my husband's back surgery and that it didn't go well.We lost our insurance and have been trying to find some,but haven't had much luck.Any ideas? Thanks for listening. Teresa

Comments

• lindatn
    lindatn Member Posts: 229
    Options
    Congs on that half way five year figure. I started this whole mess in May of 2002, think we are about on the same stage. All well here but as of July 27th I will be dealing with no insurance also. I had state insurance and they have discountinued the program. I can in less then 63 days sign on for Hippa but it is $952. a month, no way can I afford that. Can you get Hippa they have to offer it if you had insurance, it is expensive and you can't enroll after the 63 days are up and you had to have insurance with someone for eighteen months. In my case it would be better if I were terribly poor and could get medicaid. Not sure what to do, there is a company that offers a policy to everyone that helps you get a reduced fee for health care but kind of worthless for this major stuff. It does seem in a country where we can send billions overseas that there should be help for the masses in good old USA. I ache all over might go in for a bone scan before the 27th and then hope for the best. Sorry about the back surgery sometimes that just takes a long time to recover from. Anyone out there with any idea where to turn to for insurance the both of us could use HELP. God Bless Linda