really confused

Options
nino5
nino5 Member Posts: 29

My ent doctor told me that i have hypertrophy on base of tongue so he sent for MRI two weeks ago and today  i had a biopsy of lymph node . I don't understand why.  Why he did the biopsy of my lymph node and not my base of tongue? ?

I'm really confused 

Please help 

Thank you 

William 

Comments

• MarineE5
    MarineE5 Member Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Tumor and Lymphnodes

William,

If the Doctor could not actually see a Tumor on the Base of your Tongue, but you have a swollen Lymphnode. The Doctor will take a biopsy of the node to rule out cancer. The Lymphnode system filters infections, etc. 

I traveled this route myself, but I had a Tumor on the Base of my Tongue that the ENT could actually see once he scoped me. He did a couple of biopsies on a swollen lymphnode that came back positive for cancer.

So, right now you will have to wait (about a week, at least for me) to see what the results are from the Biopsy. Then you will have a better picture of what is next. 

My Best to You and Everyone Here

• nino5
    edited July 2016 #3
    Options
    MarineE5 said:

Tumor and Lymphnodes

William,

If the Doctor could not actually see a Tumor on the Base of your Tongue, but you have a swollen Lymphnode. The Doctor will take a biopsy of the node to rule out cancer. The Lymphnode system filters infections, etc. 

I traveled this route myself, but I had a Tumor on the Base of my Tongue that the ENT could actually see once he scoped me. He did a couple of biopsies on a swollen lymphnode that came back positive for cancer.

So, right now you will have to wait (about a week, at least for me) to see what the results are from the Biopsy. Then you will have a better picture of what is next. 

My Best to You and Everyone Here

you always here for me marineE5

I'm little bit anxious about the results.  I hope this not cancer.  They going to call me like in 6 days they said.

I have pain under my jaw and sometimes i have pain in my teeth too.i have trouble eating still and i feel like i can't breathe sometimes. 

I will be posting about my progress 

Thank you 

William

• susanc1
    susanc1 Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2016 #4
    Options
    nino5 said:

you always here for me marineE5

I'm little bit anxious about the results.  I hope this not cancer.  They going to call me like in 6 days they said.

I have pain under my jaw and sometimes i have pain in my teeth too.i have trouble eating still and i feel like i can't breathe sometimes. 

I will be posting about my progress 

Thank you 

William

This is Al aka "S"s hubby

Hey William, MarineE5 is correct. The same hapened to me. I started with a swollen lymphnode and they did a biopsy on the node which came back negative first. but the swelling did not go away. My doc said lets remove it and when they did it the cut it appart and looked at it better and found cancer. My ENT scopped me and found a marble size tumor at the base of my tounge. This is all recent for me as well.

Be patient it may be a roller coster but hang in there. Until you get a final result nothing is for sure. If it moves forward you will find much support here. and folks are more than willing to answer questions.

Take care

• nino5
    edited July 2016 #5
    Options
    susanc1 said:

This is Al aka "S"s hubby

Hey William, MarineE5 is correct. The same hapened to me. I started with a swollen lymphnode and they did a biopsy on the node which came back negative first. but the swelling did not go away. My doc said lets remove it and when they did it the cut it appart and looked at it better and found cancer. My ENT scopped me and found a marble size tumor at the base of my tounge. This is all recent for me as well.

Be patient it may be a roller coster but hang in there. Until you get a final result nothing is for sure. If it moves forward you will find much support here. and folks are more than willing to answer questions.

Take care

Thank you

Thank you for your words and advices susanc1. I'm waiting for the results.  

William 

• Tonita
    Tonita Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    nino5 said:

Thank you

Thank you for your words and advices susanc1. I'm waiting for the results.  

William 

How is everything going?

How is everything going?