One more week at Wound Care

Options
EZLiving66
EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member

I thought maybe today would be my last time for Wound Care but my doctor ended up doing a chemical cauterization of "granulation tissue."  Yowza, that burned!!!  But, she said in order for the port site to totally heal she had to get rid of that extra skin that was growing too fast.  

She also told me I'm going to have quite the scar but I don't care - it's my ugly badge of courage.  So....you know my plan to have no doctor appointment next week for the first time in months?  Zapped!!   

Love,

Eldri

Comments

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    That's OK!

One more week is good as long as it means progress for you!

I'm with you on the scar(s). Mine don't bother me either. I'm past the bikini stage of my life anyway!Laughing

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Bummer

That's to bad, but at least you have a doctor that cares about you.  Good news that it seems to finally be healing.

Here's to mant weeks to come that you won't have any doctor's appointments.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options

That's OK!

One more week is good as long as it means progress for you!

I'm with you on the scar(s). Mine don't bother me either. I'm past the bikini stage of my life anyway!Laughing

I agree!  My bikini days are

I agree!  My bikini days are long gone although I still "suit-up" when we go in the hot tub or take a little dip in the lake at our cottage.  It's not a pretty sight but I don't care!  LOL  

Life is too short to sit on the sidelines!

Love,

Eldri