Calling all Gay, Lesbian, Bi, Transgender cancer survivors and caregivers

Options
13»

Comments

• jmquet1
    jmquet1 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    lesbian

I am feeling glad with this board. And i have also found some other helpful board for lgbt on some website,they provide help for cancer servivor.

i have also more information for lgbt cancer servivors help boads on this website.

they provide any kind of help for cancer servivors,and they also provides clothes for lesbian and lgbt.

• Inca_heart
    Inca_heart Member Posts: 2
    Options
    newbie here

I am in the LGBT crowd and starting chemo next week for ovarian.  mostly removed but the surgery was very complicated because of adhesions had everything stuck together.  The PET scan this week looked pretty good, showing nothing except healing tissues from the surgery.  I am choosing a "small battle" now rather than the great unknown later.  happy this was found early and I feel strong enough NOW to take this on.

The biggest challenge for me is that most "friends " have vanished a few years back when I was spending all my time managing my parents cancer treatments and then their "end of life".  At least I am close to Boston and some of the best doctors come to the suburbs to smaller hospitals.  I have great doctors.  If I have to I can use Lyft for $15 each way to the hospital.  learning how to ask for help and forgiving all those who have gone on to a world that does not include me.

Be strong everyone.