Can this be true????

Options
clamryn
clamryn Member Posts: 508
Today I was scheduled to get my normal, every three week chemo infusion. BUT, I didn't get it. I always meet with my doctor first to discuss all the blood tests and then I go to get the chemo treatment. ALAS, my CA125 was a 2. Heck, I don't even know what a 2 is. I said to my doctor, Did someone make a mistake?. He said, Well let's go back and check the lab report. Sure enough...it showed a 2. My CA125 has been in the 40's and a couple in the 50's. It goes up and down. This treatment was my 6th on taxotere/carbo. My doctor said he would like to get a Pet/Scan. I have to wait until the end of February to do this, due to the insurance. They only approve every 4 months. Sooooo, he and I both decided that I wouldn't do the treatment I had scheduled for today. He said everyone needs a break and we will wait until we get the results of the Pet/scan. OMG, I can't believe it that I will be able to recoup for another month. Then I come home and my daughter-in-law has cleaned my house for me. How awesome can this day be.

Linda

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Happy for you!
    Linda:

I am so happy for you. You must be feeling like you're in a daze. Your CA125 is great and to boot no chemo. How wonderful for you. Have a great month off until your PET scan! All this and a clean house! I think you should go out for dinner to celebrate tonight!

Smiling and rejoycing for you.

Kathy
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you, Linda
    That smiling face I see next to your post is just how you look right now I bet. Enjoy yourself and I hope the result from the Pet/Scan is just as good.

Karen
  • karen1951
    karen1951 Member Posts: 103
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS
    it's always nice to hear good news! all the best to you...karen
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Awesome !
    Can't wait to hear the results of your scan, I'm sure it will match your ca125 ! Did you pinch yourself to make sure you are not dreaming? So glad to hear some good news.
    Colleen
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    GREAT NEWS!
    What wonderful news to start off my day! You must be in seventh heaven! Enjoy the well-deserved break. And, by the way, what's your daughter-in-law doing this weekend (I live in Michigan if she gets bored!)

(((HUGS)))
    Monika
  • ktamp
    ktamp Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Yay for no chemo! I missed
    Yay for no chemo! I missed my weekly taxol just before christmas due to low counts and I felt like I won the lottery.
  • Radioactive34
    Radioactive34 Member Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Sweeet!! Enjoy the break
    Sweeet!! Enjoy the break and we will all be praying for a very positive pet scan.
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    OMG!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
    Oh, Linda ... what wonderful, terrific news!! I've been off in chemoland and totally missed your post. It doesn't get much more awesome than this. Your family must be over the moon. I had the month of December off from chemo and it did me a world of good.... kick up your heels and here's hoping for a long, long, long break (((((((HUGS))))))) Maria
  • Susan53
    Susan53 Member Posts: 178
    Options
    Wonderful
    That is wonderful news Linda. Take it and run with it, enjoy you time off the chemo. Hugs Sharon
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    Options
    Susan53 said:

Wonderful
    That is wonderful news Linda. Take it and run with it, enjoy you time off the chemo. Hugs Sharon

It's like a being given a
    It's like a being given a gift to be on chemo break. Maybe you'll be NED again soon, too!
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

It's like a being given a
    It's like a being given a gift to be on chemo break. Maybe you'll be NED again soon, too!

it is a true gift
    and you deserve it!!!!!!!!! What time does the party start??...val
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options

it is a true gift
    and you deserve it!!!!!!!!! What time does the party start??...val

so happy
    so happy for you hon. God bles
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Aweseome number!
    Linda, this is such sweet news. Enjoy the peace.
    kathleen