Christine B How are you???

Options
clamryn
clamryn Member Posts: 508
Hi Christine, Haven't seen you on here in quite a while and was missing you. Hope all is well.

((((hugs))))
Linda

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Me Too
    I've been wondering the same thing. I do hope you are well.
  • Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    A bit worried
    Linda,
    I have to admit I'm worried about Christine. I've tried sending her a PM here and on Facebook, but I'm getting no response. I'm praying for you Christine.
  • Christine B.
    Christine B. Member Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm doing okay, sorry for the delay.
    I sent replies to both Linda and Kate with my apologies for delay. This was my reply (Thank goodness for copy and paste!): Thank you for asking. I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It has been a rough month or so and I have been doing the bare minimum with keeping in touch with things. I had a CT scan at the beginning of June which showed that the cancer has been returning new fluid and tumors in the abdomen; and then saw the chemo doctor and started on Tamoxifen to try to stabilize it. Exactly one day later I had a partial intestinal blockage and spent some days in the hospital trying to get it to correct itself. Thankfully it did! So it was decided that I would go back on chemo, back into the fight! The problem was that I had to wait until seeing both doctors again and in the meantime, I had some more close calls with all the symptoms of a blockage again. Fortunately, with the help of my husband and God's presence in my life, I was able to get through without being hospitalized again. So now I am on Doxil, started last Friday and will have treatments each 28 days. I am still being very careful about what I eat and staying away from stress which seems to cause me problems. I also developed a bulge around my colostomy which the colostomy nurse believes may be a hernia, which I learned is common. She ordered a belt for me to wear for that. I put a note in to my gyn/onc just to be sure.Tired of this one thing after another stuff. Sitting also makes my abdomen ache, so that is my reason for staying away from my computer.To be honest with you, I think the loss of Nancy and two ladies in the local ovca support group I'm in was very hard along with all this going on so I didn't want to spend much time there either. Today I am up and about feeling better and more energy. I am looking forward to a few days away to Santa Barbara maybe if I continue to feel better. I love the ocean! Thanks again for checking on me, I hope all is well with you. Chris
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

I'm doing okay, sorry for the delay.
    I sent replies to both Linda and Kate with my apologies for delay. This was my reply (Thank goodness for copy and paste!): Thank you for asking. I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you. It has been a rough month or so and I have been doing the bare minimum with keeping in touch with things. I had a CT scan at the beginning of June which showed that the cancer has been returning new fluid and tumors in the abdomen; and then saw the chemo doctor and started on Tamoxifen to try to stabilize it. Exactly one day later I had a partial intestinal blockage and spent some days in the hospital trying to get it to correct itself. Thankfully it did! So it was decided that I would go back on chemo, back into the fight! The problem was that I had to wait until seeing both doctors again and in the meantime, I had some more close calls with all the symptoms of a blockage again. Fortunately, with the help of my husband and God's presence in my life, I was able to get through without being hospitalized again. So now I am on Doxil, started last Friday and will have treatments each 28 days. I am still being very careful about what I eat and staying away from stress which seems to cause me problems. I also developed a bulge around my colostomy which the colostomy nurse believes may be a hernia, which I learned is common. She ordered a belt for me to wear for that. I put a note in to my gyn/onc just to be sure.Tired of this one thing after another stuff. Sitting also makes my abdomen ache, so that is my reason for staying away from my computer.To be honest with you, I think the loss of Nancy and two ladies in the local ovca support group I'm in was very hard along with all this going on so I didn't want to spend much time there either. Today I am up and about feeling better and more energy. I am looking forward to a few days away to Santa Barbara maybe if I continue to feel better. I love the ocean! Thanks again for checking on me, I hope all is well with you. Chris

HI CHRISTINE
    Thanks for checking in with us. We sure are a tight bunch, aren't we? A short time without word from someone and we just go into protection mode! So, thank you for filling us in. Sorry to hear you've had so much going on. But I'm also glad to hear you have a strong faith and husband to see you through. Where would we be without them both?

Prayers & Hugs!
    Monika
  • kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    mopar said:

HI CHRISTINE
    Thanks for checking in with us. We sure are a tight bunch, aren't we? A short time without word from someone and we just go into protection mode! So, thank you for filling us in. Sorry to hear you've had so much going on. But I'm also glad to hear you have a strong faith and husband to see you through. Where would we be without them both?

Prayers & Hugs!
    Monika

Glad to hear from you, Christine.
    Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I hope you do get to the ocean. It sure does seem to have a healing effect on the spirit.

Karen
  • lulu1010
    lulu1010 Member Posts: 367
    Options
    kikz said:

Glad to hear from you, Christine.
    Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I hope you do get to the ocean. It sure does seem to have a healing effect on the spirit.

Karen

Sending prayers and hugs!
    So sorry to hear of all you have had to go thru. It just doesnt seem fair. I do so hope you get to go away. It always seems to lift the spirits and block out some of the medical stuff for a while. Keep us posted when you feel like it. Sending prayers and hugs for you!