side effect of chemo

Options
mwarren
mwarren Member Posts: 20
Has anyone ever heard that lymphoma is a possible side effect of chemo? I was told this by a surgeon on Friday (6/24/11) Found the enlarged node (size of a walnut) last Saturday, full body CT on Wednesday, surgeon on Friday. I am scheduled for surgery on Monday (6/27/11). The first doctor I saw last Tuesday that got the results said that the CT was clear except for the one node, I felt a little easier, then the surgeon told me that no, there are several enlarged. He told me that if they told every possible side effect, it would take years. Please, please give me feedback on this. I am, once again, scared to death. Can't sleep, always on my mind.
Thanks
Mary

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Ask Dr.
    Here's a summary of my opinion: If you are worried about it, ask your Dr., research it on your own, then ask your Dr. about your research. If the Dr. doesn't answer to your satisfaction, ask another. You can go to chemocare.com to look up specific side effects of specific medications. They list the common ones as well as the uncmmon ones. I have not heard of lymphoma as a side effect of chemo. If it is, I suspect lymphoma may be one of the uncommon ones with certain drugs, but check it out. A book I found useful was "a cancer journey", which I got through the American Cancer Society online book store.

Hope this is helpful.
    seof
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Already post the same thing
    You've already post the same thread 2 days ago. Got replies on it.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    I haven't heard of it. You
    I haven't heard of it. You could also ask the lymphoma group here at CSN.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

I haven't heard of it. You
    I haven't heard of it. You could also ask the lymphoma group here at CSN.

Yep.
    Both lymphoma and leukemia. I didn't know that until I met someone in my Peer Navigator group who got leukemia - they said from chemo.

It sucks.
    Suzanne
  • mwarren
    Options
    Rague said:

Already post the same thing
    You've already post the same thread 2 days ago. Got replies on it.

Thanks. Finally figured it
    Thanks. Finally figured it out. Must be" chemo brain"
  • mwarren
    Options

Yep.
    Both lymphoma and leukemia. I didn't know that until I met someone in my Peer Navigator group who got leukemia - they said from chemo.

It sucks.
    Suzanne

Had surgery today. Doc said
    Had surgery today. Doc said he would be surprised if biopsy came back negative
    Still have to wait for official findings. I'm angry, sad and all the same feelings all over again.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    mwarren said:

Had surgery today. Doc said
    Had surgery today. Doc said he would be surprised if biopsy came back negative
    Still have to wait for official findings. I'm angry, sad and all the same feelings all over again.

Wishing..
    You a speedy recovery from surgery....I understand your anger, fear and sadness...I am fighting the battle again....

Keep us posted...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • mwarren
    Options
    MAJW said:

Wishing..
    You a speedy recovery from surgery....I understand your anger, fear and sadness...I am fighting the battle again....

Keep us posted...
    Hugs, Nancy

thank you
    Thanks Nancy. You too, how long this time? Is yours as a result of chemo too?
    Love and His light be with you!
    Mary