Ecan event in Blairsville, Geogia

Options
mrsbotch
mrsbotch Member Posts: 349
Since's Vince's death I have really been so sad but truly want to be involved in eradicating this BEAST of a CANCER. We live in Blairsville, Georgia and on April 30th a small shopping area called Main Street Shops is having their one year anniversary. I have spoken to them and they were so kind and I can set up an ECAN booth with brochures and posters about EC. Our local radio station will be there so I hope we get lots of traffic. I am making a poster with Vince's picture on it and from his memorial service I have 2 huge periwinkle forms from the florist that I will attach flowers to. Sherri Broderick has become a real good friend and she made a wonderful video of her Jim's life. It is so beautiful and everytime I watch it I am filled with awe but also such sadness to see a beautiful husband and father pass so early in life from this dreaded disease. We are trying to figure out a way to show it on Laptop during this event.

Georgia has not yet declared April EC Month BUT and I mean BUT I am pushing this to the limit. I have written an e-mail to the govenors office and our local representative about this April 30th event. In our small town so many people knew my husband so this will be such an honor for him. Maybe I can get the ball rolling by my telling them in the e-mail about this and how proud it would make Georgia look to be part of April being EC month. Shame is sometimes a good thing. Haha

Anyhow I so appreciate the ECAN People and how much they do and I want to be a part of this.

God Bless all of you and lets eradicate EC if we can

Barb

Comments

• sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Barb, so good to hear from
    Barb, so good to hear from you. I am going to be setting up an awareness table at the Relay for Life event at the end of April. I'm so glad Ecan put out the kit. There will hundreds of people passing through. I'm hoping this will draw attention to this terrible desease.
    You're still in my prayers,
    Sandra
  • mrsbotch
    Options
    sandy1943 said:

Barb, so good to hear from
    Barb, so good to hear from you. I am going to be setting up an awareness table at the Relay for Life event at the end of April. I'm so glad Ecan put out the kit. There will hundreds of people passing through. I'm hoping this will draw attention to this terrible desease.
    You're still in my prayers,
    Sandra

ecan
    Sandy

I just read about you setting up a table for Ecan. That is wonderful. we will do the same here. They are a wonderful organization and the kit is really good. I have the signed proclamation for georgia on my wall.

barb
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Options
    mrsbotch said:

ecan
    Sandy

I just read about you setting up a table for Ecan. That is wonderful. we will do the same here. They are a wonderful organization and the kit is really good. I have the signed proclamation for georgia on my wall.

barb

Barb, Do you think you could
    Barb, Do you think you could copy it and send it to me? I would love to put a copy of ot on the table at the relay . It will be April 29. If you think you can, let me know and I will send you an e-mail with my address.
    Sandra
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Options
    An honor to Vince's memory
    Dear Barb,

It is so good to hear that you are involved with ECAN and are making up a poster with Vince's picture. He would be so proud of you for trying to eradicate this horrid cancer. I am proud of you doing this while you are still grieving.

When I shared Vince's story with Jim he sobbed, it touched him so. Jim was a Harley guy too and will be again. Jim and I have grieved deeply over Vince and also Sherri's Jim. When it is so close to home it really hits you. We keep you in our prayers.
    Linda
  • mrsbotch
    Options
    linda1120 said:

An honor to Vince's memory
    Dear Barb,

It is so good to hear that you are involved with ECAN and are making up a poster with Vince's picture. He would be so proud of you for trying to eradicate this horrid cancer. I am proud of you doing this while you are still grieving.

When I shared Vince's story with Jim he sobbed, it touched him so. Jim was a Harley guy too and will be again. Jim and I have grieved deeply over Vince and also Sherri's Jim. When it is so close to home it really hits you. We keep you in our prayers.
    Linda

Thank you Linda
    Thank you so much for the post. My heart aches so much for Vince. I know he is watching me and sees me doing this in his honor. You know tho the thing that makes this so hard is the loss of his physical presence. I miss so much holding him, and being with him before he was so sick.
    Those are the hardest times for me.
    I am so glad your Jim is doing well. We have way too many new people on here and its frightening how rampant this disease is.

Love

Barb