Tips to start eating AGAIN a year+ out!

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
During Chemo - I lost all appetite - came back and I actully gained back about 10 lbs of what I had lost (45 lbs) about 2 months ago. Well - it's over a year since Chemo but I'm back to no appetite (can't have lost much as same jeans still fit).

Thoughts/Ideas! Hubby is getting upset but then he saw my Mother (they were great Buddies), pass and she was aneorxic so it's a problem to him.

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    No wonder your hubby gets
    No wonder your hubby gets nervous when you don't eat! Unfortunately most foods that are high caloric are nutrient deficient. You might consider adding a meal replacement drink or two to what you do eat. They tend to provide all your nutritive needs and you can get them with plus calories. A couple of these should probably give you about 600 cal. Also maybe ask your doc about an appetite stimulator....(hmmmm is this a case for medical marijuana??? LOL) Best of luck to you Susan
    jan
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    taste
    carnation instant breakfast is supposed to have a lot of vitamins and be cheaper than some of those suplements.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Seems like great advice so
    Seems like great advice so far. Have you talked to a dietitian? That might get you some good ideas too.

Hugs,

Linda