Jun 26, 2014 - 2:08 pm
I see people post about surviving this and about being diagnosed but that's it. 1 or 2 post. The end. I don't know who is alive or what.
I'm looking for others still alive.
I going to try to post status monthly for as long as I can.
This is our history:
•My wife was diagnosed with spindile cell sarcoma on 09/25/2010.
•22lb abdominal mass removed from liver on 09/23/10 @ Bexar county hospital in San Antinio, Tx by Dr. G. Halff.
•Wife recovered, went to MD Anderson but got a bad vibe and went into denial and did not seek further treatment.
•3/23/12 new 10 inch tumor found in abdomen.
•Removed on 4/17/12
• chemo of doxirubicin and experimental IMC-3G3.
• Didn't work so went to gemzar and docetaxel on 9/17/12.
• tumors removed in Feb. 2013
•CT exam to track cancerous nodules on 1/3/14 revealed we were pregnant.
•baby born 5/30/14 premiee but healthy.
• 06/25/2014 CT shows several tumors have returned. Will start chemo soon.
•7/15/2014 Registered for Yondelis (trabectedin) clinical trial.
•7/16/2014-7/17/2014 Infusion of yondelis given over 24hrs.
• 7/18/2014 Neulasta given.
•7/28/2014 Labs drawn.
• 7/31/2014 Labs came back. Ok for next round of yondelis.
• 8/6/2014 Yondelis given.
• 8/8/2014 Neulasta given.
• 8/16/2014 Labs drawn, results seem ok/as expected.
• 8/18/2014 complaint of leg pain.
•8/21/14 Labs drawn.
•8/23/2014 Lab results received. CPK @ 1400U/L. Hospitalized at DHR Edinburg, TX for Rhabdomyolysis.
•8/26/2014 @ 1700 hrs Released from hospital. Ck@326U/L. Pedal edema present.
•9/2/1014 @ 944hrs appointment at CTRC San Antonio, Tx. CT scan taken during DHR hospitalization revealed a 78% reduction in tumors overall. Some have straight up disappeared. To much anemia for chemo treatment to take place today though. Bilirubin level is too high also.