May 01, 2014 - 10:36 pm
Forgive me, I just want to rant. My husband's PSA has been steadily rising from a nadir of .24 and he is apparently castrate resistant after just a few months. It is now 7.0. Last month it was 3.9. The cancer centre doc says he can have a CT scan and a repeat bone scan (finally) but neither he nor our regular oncologist is particularly concerned about the PSA. It will be treated in a month or so, after seeing the results of the scans, with either enzalutamide or abiraterone. His bone density is excellent and he is asymptomatic, but this is wearing us down. Dr. Lam (we had a telephone consult with him) would like to see the PSA under .05. Sholtz says the same and says this should be tackled immediately. It's so darned frustrating. Our onc. actually said, "Let's see if it will drop again in the month that we are waiting."