Mar 17, 2014 - 12:23 pm
In 2012 I was diagnosed with MDS, but later on they diagnosed T-Cell LGL.
At one point, I needed a blood transfusion every three weeks. I was put on methotrexaat for 7 months without any effect. After a consult with Professor Schouten in Maastricht, the Netherlands, I was put on neoral ciclosporine and, to my surprise, it actually turned out to be very effective. I started using it about 15 weeks ago and haven't had a single blood transfusion since. My HB has been steadily increasing and where it was once around 4, it is now 7.5.
I share this here in the hope that it can and will be of help to others.
One thing in closing, I am glad I didn't give up hope. I hope you won't either.
Good luck everyone!