Feb 27, 2014 - 6:26 am
My Dad was just diagnosed Tuesday with Prostrate Cancer. He went for a follow up for the TURP procedure and was told then. The doctor had found a blockage when he went in surgery but felt it was from a procedure done in the office. The dr said he sent the sample off while in surgery and they waited and it came back negative. We thought we were in the clear until he was told different. I have a copy of the pathology report and have been reading up on this. His Gleason Score is at a 9. The urologist has him coming back to him on March 11th and then he will refer him to an ocologist. Does this sound right? If a GS of 9 is VERY agressive, shouldn't we be contacting an oncologist sooner than 2 weeks to see if it has spread? I think the Urologist is waiting to give him more time to heal from the TURP. Any information would be greatly appreciated.