Nov 10, 2013 - 4:24 pm
Back to square 1. JBG started bleeding again, intermittenly, especially after trying to eat some oatmeal. Last night, she was given a couple of enemas so a partail scope could be done, but the results were inconclusive as they couldn't go far enough to see anything. She was very sick with vomiting & diarrhea after & is in worse pain. Docs only say it could be a blockage, a carcinoma, or twisted intestine. Tomorrow she is supposed to have a barium enema with another scope attempt. Docs have yet to consult her surgeon to read the CT, even though she has asked for him repeatedly. Very frustrating. At wits end.
Well, barium enema was a "no-go" as apparently, the liquid wouldn't stay in her. FINALLY, the surgeon is supposed to show up tomorrow. A member of his team came by today & talked about doing a biopsy if one has not yet been done.
With the help of an angel, I am making preparations to go there as soon as she has seen the surgeon. She asked me to wait until then. She was very weak, tired, in pain, & in tears when we spoke today.
Pepe, Sandy, & Tans, thank you for your suggestions, & Kathleen, I told her about Dick's surgery today, another suggestion of what may be wrong.
Just feel so lost right now.