Oct 04, 2013 - 4:47 pm
My wife was scheduled to have a treatment this past monday. But because the tumor on her liver grew from 5.1 to 5.8, and a couple smaller ones also grew a little. They rescheduled her for this coming monday to try a different treatment. In the mean time I contacted Roswell cancer institute for a second opinion.
I called my wifes primary doctor to ask if she should have her treatment or wait until she visited the specialist at Roswell. Because Roswell will only see her in between treatments. So that meant she wouldn't see the specialist for at least three months until her next scan.
Come to find out the insurance company rejected the new treatment suggested by her primary. So I was able to get her an appointment at Roswell for Oct. 14. The treatment she was supposed to get monday will now be on Oct. 18. This will be a span of 5 weeks between treatments. Is that risky? I am hoping The specialist will take a look at her scans and files and suggest something even better.
So I guess the question is, is 5 weeks between treatment pushing it? Or do you think it would be ok? Sorry about id I rambled. I just wanted all the facts out there so I can get some help. Thank you all in advance.