Sep 04, 2013 - 5:12 am
After over a year of waiting and seeing how my ORN was developing, a recent PET scan confirmed that it's still progressing and other tissue has become involved. So, I am in the prep stage to have a jaw resecting (replacement) in the future. Based on some travel and work timing, I am hoping to hold off until next April, but if something happens before then to make it an emergency, then it'll get done when needed. The procedure will involve taking a part of a bone in one leg and sculpting it to the shape of my left jaw bone, and then grafting it in place. It is a very long surgery and the recovery time is long--but I am told that the success rate is very high and that it will make me pain-free in that area.
Chemo + rads--the gifts that keep on giving.