Jul 12, 2013 - 4:36 am
Had thyroidectomy on 4 July - total necessary. Phone call today from surgeon who confirmed RCC. Saw oncologist today as well, doesn't want to start pazopanib until full surgical recovery. Also need a further MRI of L1 vertabrae required by radiation oncologist who is not yet convinced laminectomy necessary - surgeon is ready to operate (Although have not yet seen him). If back surgery is given go ahead this will again delay commencement of drug therapy for another 4-6 after surgery. I am really concerned about continued growth of all other lesions (see previous posts).