Jun 11, 2013 - 4:38 am
I had an appointment yesterday and medical board decided for Tamoxifen and no chemo. I asked my doctor for an explanation since I had one positive node and two tumors and he said that the most important factors for decisions are properties of the tumors. I have to believe that this was the right decision after all. I do feel relieved in a way, I guess noone wants chemo if there is no need.
I started Tamoxifen yesterday and I am feeling a bit nauseated. It may be mild side effects or something else.
I have made a decision to do a second mastectomy and I will talk about it in a few days with my plastic surgeon. I just don't feel safe after having invasive lobular carcinoma which is often bilateral (20-30%), with full breast of lumps, and no available exams right now to find out if I have it in my left breast or not.
Take care everyone, Carmen