May 26, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Diagnosed with bilateral breast cancer in late March. Had first surgeries in April and reexcisions in early May. The surgeon said I would have lumpectomies and radiation. After the surgeries he sent me to the oncologist.
The oncologist ordered more tests. He is concerned about both breasts having cancer at the same time. He is talkin possible chemo and radiation. He also ordered genetic tests. If that comes in with a problem I will go for double mastectomy.
My problem right this minute is the waiting. It's like bombs hanging from the ceiling and not knowing which one will fall on my head.
How do you handle the stress of waiting?