May 01, 2013 - 8:31 pm
She & her hubby got in around 8 this morning. We have been at the hospital all day & have come home for her to rest a bit & take meds.
The pulmonogolist talked to us & said he could remove the tube, but chances are he could not breathe & with most other systems failing, he would not last. I explained to Ron that if the tube was removed, he couldn't breathe & he shook his head no. He was surprised & glad to see JBG. She is taking this very hard.
The pallative care team also talked to us & said we could make the decision to put him in a Ho****e facility or bring him home with ho****e assistance. The chances are very slim that he will recover, but we asked them to give him some more time, just to try. His mind is all there, just fuzzy at times. If the decison is made to contiue care indefinitely, he will have to have a trach & go to a nursing facility forever. Otherwise, no ventilator and he would expire fairly soon. It's just too soon to decide what to do. He is comfortable, or as much as he can be plugged up to everything and I know he's not ready to throw in the towel.
This is so hard. My heart is breaking and I just can't let go, yet. As we all do for one another, I'm praying for a miracle. Perhaps he will be the one to make the decision, but who really knows if he fully understands.
We'll grab a bite to eat & head back soon.
I love all of you.