Apr 16, 2013 - 12:45 pm
Diagnosed with rcc April 5. Had an ultrasound for another reason which spotted a mass on my left kidney. CT scan followed a week later then my appointment with urologist. He wants to do a radical because even though mass is fairly small - around 4cm where it is positioned is his reasoning for radical. Problem is I haven't been able to get a date for surgery. They gave me a tentative of May 9 which I was told yesterday won't happen so back to square one. Even waiting until May 9 seemed an eternity as I have been in pieces with worry. The sudden diagnosis was so much to take in but I tried to remain hopeful that it could be taken care of (after I decided that I might survive the surgery). Can anyone help me to cope with the waiting. The best I got from the scheduler yesterday was that she is trying for the May 10 but that's a Friday and 'he might not want to do a major at the weekend'. She is supposed to call later today to let me know. I had such faith in the urologist when I saw him but that is now rapidly fading, maybe wrongly. I am just so scared that this thing which I am told is contained will get out. I am, or have been in great health and had no reason to suspect this bolt from the blue. Just can't feel positive about anything whie in this limbo. Any advice will be so welcome.