Mar 18, 2013 - 2:08 pm
Hello, first-time poster here. My 66-year-old dad received CT scan results last Thursday: a 14 or 19 cm mass on his left kidney (my parents remember the information differently). His primary suggested waiting until this coming Thursday for his existing appointment with a visiting urologist (he lives in a small town outside Columbus). I urged him to call Ohio State University Urology as well. I've scanned through many posts here, and it is hard to tell how urgent this situation is: assuming that the mass/kidney has to be removed (my presence on this forum is an assumption at this point), should it happen as soon as possible, or would it be reasonable for one of the urologists to suggest a surgery date that is three or four weeks out? Type 2 diabetes and pacemaker may also be factors. Thank you for any perspective you can give.