Feb 21, 2013 - 3:21 am
Just wanted to bring you up to speed with our situation. We are spending most of our days, running from doc to doc or hospitals, so I haven't talked to JBG for a few days. She was feeling pretty good then. Not sure when she goes for follow-up, probably soon though.
Since we go day to day(with constant changes), the plan for the next 7 days is consultation with MDA internest tomorrow morning, Urology surgery on Fri., consultation with H&N surgeon on Mon. afternoon followed or preceded by removal of catheter by Urologist(depending on selected appt.), surgery by H&N surgeon on Tues. to place port and have dental work done(found out he is also a medical dentist), and last, but not least, first 7 hour chemo infusion on Thurs.
The trick will be for his heart and kidneys to withstand all this in a short time, but MDA is trying to work as fast as possible. We went for a remapping of lung tumors today. It took forever because his heart device is not copacetic with their CT mapping device. I'm hoping the 4 days of rads will happen week after next so he'll have a coupe of days to rest first.
No treatment yet for H&N cancer except 12 weeks of chemo, followed by scan. Then determination of 35 rad treatments or not. H&N appears to be agressive so hoping chemo can hold it back. He's having more difficulty seeing from right eye as tumor does it's nasty thing.
His weight loss has become concerning(over 50 lbs. so far), so I expect a PEG tube in the near future. Most H&N patients have them, especially after surgery due to all the wonderful side effects this type of cancer comes with. Definitely a different "animal" than colon cancer, except for the chemo & rad side effects.
So, as you can see, this has become a race for life in more ways than one.
Will try to update after surgery and my tax appt. on the weekend(that's my R&R). LOL
Hope most of you will understand why I am posting this on the Colon forum.