Dec 27, 2012 - 3:46 am
Well, i am about 2 years post treatment. many thanks to all that post here for their help in my fight. I am pretty much back to normall with a few exceptions.
the reason for this post is that i recently got chocolate back. my taste buds slowly returned after treatment, but choclate just kept tasting like dirt. i just could not
eat it. most everything was back soon after treatment but chocolate just wouldn't clear up for me. i would try a piece of the stuff every couple of weeks anyway because i kept hoping. and to my supprise about three weeks ago choclate came back all at once. how strange is that!! any way, i have been on a chocolate binge now for three weeks, making up for lost desserts.
lol ! So if you have a favorite item that hasn't tasted the same since treatment, don't give up, just keep checking, it may just be slow to return.
gotta run, i am off to find a hershey bar and a chocolate shake to wash it down with.!!! best of luck to you, Tony