Aug 16, 2012 - 3:56 pm
Hello Dear Ladies
I have positive and not so positive news.
Yesterday I had a visit with my onc to discuss the possible abscess. She does not believe the pocket of fluid is an abscess or infection. Hooray! She did say that I need to be mindful of any symptom changes, such as fever, chills, worse pain etc. and call right away, since it is possible that she could be wrong. I am just glad to not have that as such a big worry, I have enough of those right now.
We also talked about my need for blood transfusions. My counts are so low and continue to drop. She is not big on giving blood, there is always the risk of a bad reaction. I have had many transfusions in the past and no issues, but there is always a first time. She is leaving the choice up to me and my regular doc. She said I could be admitted to the hospital now if I really want to. My reg doc is away till Monday, so hubby and I decided to try and wait till he returns to the area and then see where I am. Of course if my symptoms get worse before Mon. I will choose to get the blood.
I am still having a lot of pain, but my doc is working daily with me to find the right combinations or dose to bring me relief. The onc said that if I am in pain, I cannot really start to heal. So we need to control the pain first. I agree!
So, I will continue to take it day by day and try my best to drink more and eat more.
Thank you all for your on going support and warm caring words. It helps me so much.