I'm new to this site and I'd like to tell you my story. My name is Olga and I'm 28 years old.
I had a seizure in april 2012, soon afterwards I was diagnosed with brain tumour in left frontal lobe. I was operated and had almost everything removed. It was Oligoastrocytoma Grade III and I will have radiotherapy starting tomorrow.
I feel rather miserable, to tell the truth...
My oncologist didn't recommend chemo, because blood test showed that 1 chromosome is missing and chemo wouldn't make any difference. Me and my husband also want to have kids in future (we don't have any) and chemo will influence my fertility.
The oncologist also said that if we do chemo now, in case the tumour reoccurs it can be chemo resistant and we won't have much choice then.
Do you think it's the right decision?
Thank you very much.