Jul 16, 2012 - 2:16 pm
Im a 49 yr old F and I was dx with a 1.5cm r renal mass in 2009. I had a RF ablation done and for 2 years my scans were good. My pathology from the surgery back in 2009 states benign..but the doctor I am seeing now says he feels they didnt get a correct read on that. I had a routine follow up scan on 6-20-12 it is showing a rim enhancement and HU of 32. After the CT on 6-20-12, they did an MRI on 7-6-12. The urological surgeon I am seeing states that he cannot determine whether or not to do surgery as there are no solid components showing in the enhanced part of the tumor and because I had a RF ablation it is difficult to determine everything they need to make concrete decisions. Dr states the area that lit up has Hemosperin in it??..I dont know what that is?. Also advising me to wait until November to get another MRI scan. He did say he would do the sx on me but made it sound very risky stating I may need a blood transfusion etc.... Surgery or not?..wait or not?..wait for what, mestastical disease?..I do get flank pain , MRI shows bone islands in my pelvvis and I get terrible nueropathy sypmtoms bilateral legs, no diabetes and I only weigh 118 lbs and cant walk somedays.. I just dont feel right, I know my own body and my instinct is asking me to reach out..No blood work has been ordered, no chest x-ray..no bone scans..I dont know what to do?...I have medicaid and i dont feel I have access to the right help...any advise??
I look forward to hearing from you