Mar 14, 2012 - 2:57 am
My husband had surgery in July of 2011 to remove what ended up being a grade II Gemistocytic Astrocytoma. At that stage it was decided that further treatment should be postponed as the doctors believed that it would be a few years before its return. Unfortunately they were wrong and he needed surgery again two weeks ago in order to remove the cancer that had grown back. Given the speed at which it had returned they now believe it is a Grade III and that this time radiation and possibly chemo will be necessary, it also means that they have given us a prognosis of 5 years if Grade III is confirmed. We are waiting for the final results to come in and have an appointment in two weeks with the oncologists and desperately hope that that it is still a grade II. However in the meantime we are home with two young boys and although there is so much we want to do it feels like our life must stop. How do you make long term plans when future is so uncertain?