Jan 28, 2012 - 3:23 am
Man, we just can't catch a break here.
David started having a really bad pain in his butt cheek. Weird, huh? The nurse (yes, you guessed it--the non-dog one) wanted me to pick up a prescription for a topical hemorrhoid cream but I didn't think it was hemorrhoids and neither did David. I was pretty insistent on having David seen, and I ended up talking her into saying I could take him to ER. Well, once again Mommy knows best. David has cellulitis. Not something to trifle with. His whole left cheek is flame red, swollen, and hot to the touch. They admitted him, started him on IV antibiotics, and did a CAT to make sure he doesn't have an abscess. If he has an abscess, we could have a problem. If it's cellulitis alone, they think they can get rid of it with a ten day course of antibiotics. They think he can go home (with me) if he doesn't have an abscess. He will take an antibiotic for ten days and then do chemo. If he has an abscess, they may need to do surgery and then he will need to put chemo off for longer. I am staying with him in the hospital. We should get the results from the CAT tomorrow am.
BTW, David wants to do the BBBD again. His courage and strength humble, awe, and amaze me. I quail at the thought of another round of the BBBD, and I'm not the one that is going to have to go through it.
Anyway, David is in a lot of pain. On top of the cellulitis, he has a really bad, nonstop headache. I'm so glad that he had that great MRI, but what we really need is for David to be pain free. Or at least only a little pain, enough to function. He's been in bed, in pain, since those seizures on Monday.
David wants to come home with me because he doesn't think he should be alone when he's in this much pain. I'm glad he will be with me but I'm so sad that he has pain that's bad enough to make him leave his apartment.
Still fighting, still trusting in God, still holding on to hope....it's hard, but we are doing it...
Love and blessings,