Oct 04, 2011 - 2:37 am
My sister has anaplastic astrocytoma. I am terrified of course. I learned last week that she does not carry the mutation that would make temodar effective. So my question is: does she continue taking Temodar?
I know, I know... I will talk to the neuro-oncologist. But the NO are themselves divided on the issue (just by reading the internet) so at the end they will say "it is her decision".
I hate those words. That means they don't know what to recommend 100%. If ypu have a heart attack, you have a catherization to open up the vessel. It really is not "your decision" unless you have a death wish...
I will consult with three NO and then we will make a decision. I am just hoping that the MRI after the radiation shows REMISSION.
I hate this tumor. I hate this cancer. I don't want her to suffer. I want her to be happy and carefree. This is not fair. This does not make sense. Life is absurd.
I love her so so much.
Anybody with no MGMT mutation and therefore less chances that the temodar works? What did you do? Anybody with personal experience, I would appreciate it.
My love to you all and my hopes that a cure happens soon,
2 clinical trials for recurrent and new AA 3 at UCLA phase 2