Sep 30, 2011 - 4:00 am
I heard that if the diagnostic 123 scan shows quite a few nodes lighting up, you will be asked if want surgery first and the 131 dose won't be given. That was surprising because you'd think that by ultrasound and other studies your docs would know how much tumor is still there.
Have any of you been advised after the 123 scan to stop and get surgery first ? If so, there goes your low iodine diet and thyrogen two vials or withdrawal hypoT.
Had anyone had very small nodes on ultrasound, they lit up, and you decided on surgery and not 131 ? Anyone had small tumor nodes and didn't elect surgery, so you went with 131 ?