I was taken to the hospital 3-30-11 after having a small stroke after xrays, lots of test
and a cat scan they discovered a spot on my right lung about 2cm. After coming home I had a pet scan on 5-11-11 and sawOn 4-31-11 I was taken to the hospital with a small stroke, after a lot of test including xrays the lung Dr on the 15th. He showed my husband and I all the pic's of the lung, as I have copd and only have 50% lung functions, I have had RA and gout for 15yrs, now with the stroke my arteries are clogged at 68 and 69%. He was reluctant to do a biopsy for fear of collapsing my lung. Said it would be awful to die from a collapsed lung and then find I didn't have cancer. but, he left the decision up to me, well after listening to him, I said no.( Now I not sure that was a good decision.) He said we will wait 8 wks do another cat scan and compare them and see what changes have come. He never said I have lung cancer.
Later on consulting with my Md who has been my DR. for 14 yrs, He just lookked at me when I ask him why wern't we testing to see if it could be TB, bronchitis, pheumonia, or scar tissuse as I have had bronchitus and pheumonia a few times since 2007. He said it wasn't any of those, they all had different properties. His opinion after reading the pet scan, is cancer. He said the lung Dr will then decide if I am a canidate for surgurey, rad, or chemo, or non of the above. I think they don't have much faith in my health. Now I must wait on the lung Dr. (June 16th for cat scan, June 20th for Dr. appt.) long wait when you are so confused and my fear is how much can it spread in 8 weeks? I am 68 and I don't want to die, but, I am not real afraid of death, but I do fear anymore pain then I already have from the RA. Since Nov 2010 I have had so much increased pain in my neck and shoulders, I can hardly stand it. I am unable to take nsaid or acetaminophen in any form, because of allergies. Makes my throat swell shut. I take 3-5mg methadone, I get 3 Epidurals a yr. My Md has added 2-20mg prednizone a day that does seem to be helping some with pain but, the prednizone is really messing with my mind.
Sorry for such a long post, but I do not have family near me and I don't want to worrythem with this until I am sure. Do you think I should just wait (34 more days) or where else can I go to find answers? Thanks.